Z axis motors not working

jembb5

Z axis motors not working

Post by jembb5 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:19 am

My Z axis motor tries to work but it will not move. I replaced my threaded rods with lead screws to increase quality of print and My z motor will try to spin but will not spin at all. when i try to make the z axis go up or down i can feel the motors trying to work but they do not ever actually spin. when the printer is off the motor will spin pretty easy with my hand but not while it is on. So when it has power it is stopping the movement of the z axis and will not turn? any suggestions to helping this?

William
Site Admin

Re: Z axis motors not working

Post by William » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:56 pm

jembb5 wrote:My Z axis motor tries to work but it will not move. I replaced my threaded rods with lead screws to increase quality of print and My z motor will try to spin but will not spin at all. when i try to make the z axis go up or down i can feel the motors trying to work but they do not ever actually spin. when the printer is off the motor will spin pretty easy with my hand but not while it is on. So when it has power it is stopping the movement of the z axis and will not turn? any suggestions to helping this?
Hi,I think the key to your issuse is that the Z axis aren't at exactly the same height.Because the Z motor is more complex than the others, it has two motors. The left and right sides of the Z axis have to be at exactly the same height.Refer to the link here to check your printer:http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 917(thanks(check the answser relpied by dolphi)
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!