Problems with I3 Pro W

Camelot

Problems with I3 Pro W

Post by Camelot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:51 pm

I recently bought and assembled a GeeeTech Prusa I3 Pro W printer, and did all of the necessary download steps to connect it to my Windows 10 laptop. I checked all of the axes in the printer which work fine (even though occasionally the y axis will only turn one way). I connect the printer to my PC, go to EasyPrint 3D and add the printer to the program. The printer lights flick, when I press connect and all seems to work fine until I try to move the axes or change something from the software. The printer doesn’t budge and on the control panel it says “n Command waiting” n as in the number of commands I gave it. Any idea what to do?

Camelot

Re: Problems with I3 Pro W

Post by Camelot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:57 pm

I realised I had an older version of the program and am now updating it (from 1.9.19 Beta to 1.1.7). Maybe that was the problem, I hope.

Camelot

Re: Problems with I3 Pro W

Post by Camelot » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:30 am

The update from 1.0.19 Beta didn’t change anything. I fixed the faulty y axis but now the same thing is happening with the z axis... I realised that when I connect the printer to the EasyPrint software the y motor gets tense and pulls for half a second. I’d really appreciate any help I can get.