Problem with G2S extruder offsets using firmware

woundedknee

Problem with G2S extruder offsets using firmware

Post by woundedknee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Hello,

I have a Delta G2S and recently transitioned to Simplify 3D from Repetier. I know in Repetier, the extruder offsets are set in the printer settings of the host software but in Simplify3D, they recommend you set your offsets in firmware or via the M218 command. So I uncommented and modified the EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X and _Y in Marlin and the values are successfully stored in the printer, verified with the M218 command.

Problem is, when I do this and then switch to toolhead T1 (rear extruder) it seems that any movement along the Z plane is skewed and the head will angle into the bed and eventually crash. I verified this by simply moving the hotend to within 5mm of the bed and issuing some simple movement commands T0, G1 X20 Y20, T1. As soon as the toolhead changes, instead of lateral movement, the hotend will actually move along a slanted Z plane. Very strange. Clearing the offsets with M218 T1 X0 Y0 remedies the diagonal Z movement, but of course, the hotends are not offset correctly.

Any ideas? Marlin bug? The version string in configuration.h is 1.0.3 dev

Thanks.

aleXall

Re: Problem with G2S extruder offsets using firmware

Post by aleXall » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:32 am

Hi, I'm having same Z level issue after switching extruders from T0 to T1.
The current print continues on a different Z level, and sometimes movement
on Z plane skews, and I'm constrained to stop it.

I'm using Repetier, Slic3r and Marlin v 1.0.3 dev. Different host software, same issues.
Probably it's a bug in the firmware.

Wait for help. Thanks!

aleXall

Re: Problem with G2S extruder offsets using firmware

Post by aleXall » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:25 pm

More discussions about T0 to T1 swithc error on
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 26&t=18469