New g2pro setup

jnl1105

New g2pro setup

Post by jnl1105 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:39 am

I have a newly assembled g2pro with auto leveling. I have it hooked onto a mac. The bed is level. I have communication and control through repetier and am able to control it. It will auto home to the upmost position but when it tries to print it drives itself into the bed. what setting do I need to alter to stop this? I would like to use Cura with it, what are the settings I would need for it to function properly?

Mark

Re: New g2pro setup

Post by Mark » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:12 pm

jnl1105 wrote:I have a newly assembled g2pro with auto leveling. I have it hooked onto a mac. The bed is level. I have communication and control through repetier and am able to control it. It will auto home to the upmost position but when it tries to print it drives itself into the bed. what setting do I need to alter to stop this? I would like to use Cura with it, what are the settings I would need for it to function properly?
did you set the correct Z axis height? And how about the settings, did you delete the G29 from the slic3r before you slice the object? if not then you'll get a crash when you start to print. The G29 can only be used to auto-leveling, after that you should delete it from slic3r! And you can refer to the user manual to check the Zaxis height.
http://www.geeetech.com/Documents/Quick ... ual%20.pdf

jnl1105

Re: New g2pro setup

Post by jnl1105 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:52 am

I found that I only had 190 mm of travel between the bed and extruder so I adjusted the stop screws and the bed to give the full 200 and that worked, some more adjusting on settings it started to work without crashing into the print plate.