Motors Don't Move

Wilde

Motors Don't Move

Post by Wilde » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Please be patient I am new at this stuff!

The board that came with the machine wasn't soldered/assembled correctly so I went to Microcenter and picked up a Mega 2560 with ramps1.4 drivers, as I've seen other users on here talk about and suggest. On the forums there was the firmware from Mecreator ramps14.rar (found here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17046).
The LCD works and it connects to my computer but nothing moves.

It looks like it's working, but it isn't. The pronterface check temp graph moves and acts like it is measuring the temp, but then when you attempt to heat either the bed or the extruder tip the graph just jumps straight to the desired temp and it never actually heats up. Similarly when attempting to move in any direction the program will every once in a while come back with an endstop location for that axis but it hasn't moved at all. So the program thinks it's responding but nothing has actually happened.

Please advise, I am sure it is something stupid like a baudrate issue (matches the baudrate in the firmware...already checked although that could be wrong, who knows) or something.

Mark

Re: Motors Don't Move

Post by Mark » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:06 pm

could you post some pictures here? your wirings and other stuffs. A video link would be great help.