Meducer error "MAXTEMP BED"

Danielchow

Meducer error "MAXTEMP BED"

Post by Danielchow » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:50 pm

Hello everyone, Daniel from Canada here!

I have a new Meducer and I can't seem to get around the error:

Error on the printer: "MAXTEMP BED"
Error from Repetier: "Error: Temperature heated bed switched off. MAXTEMP Triggered!!!"

On the printer, I try to go to Control > Temperature > Bed and set the bed temp but no go.
I can't seem to find a physical switch around the printer that turns on the bed heater.

I've installed the driver, the printer talks to the computer through COM7. Repetier seems to be talking to the printer.

Mark

Re: Meducer error "MAXTEMP BED"

Post by Mark » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:13 pm

If your hotbed temp is room tenperature when not heating, means the thermister is good. then your hotbed is shorted out somewhere, you should check the wires.

Danielchow

Post by Danielchow » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:26 pm

Thanks for the quick response Mark. The temp bed reads "0" on the printer. On the screenshot above, it reads 117 which is a setting / number I tried to push to the printer.

I looked at the wires from the temp bed to the inside of the printer, looks OK, No breaks or kinks. Any more wiring diagnosis would require opening up the printer. Its brand new... don't want to ruin teh warranty or anything...

Any aother advice would be appreciated!

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:27 pm

Does the thermistor of your extruder work or not? If it works, how about swap it with the hotbed one, see if the bed thermistor is dead or not.
And can you post a picture here, I want to know what the error is in your LCD.