Just installed metal parts - fail!

johzac01

Just installed metal parts - fail!

Post by johzac01 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:27 pm

So I just installed the metal parts on my G2S. The parts fit well and looked good.
Now I can't print! The new spider is much heavier than the printed one and no matter how I adjust the belt tension I either get:
1. Theo the table when motors are deactivated
or
2. The motors aren't strong enough to lift to the end-stops.

Aside from this I get random skips (one or more motors miss a step) - resulting in unusable prints or crashing to the bed. This happens no matter what tension I have on the belts.
Can I (need I to) increase the power on the motors?
As it looks right now my G2S is getting closer and closer to the window by the second. Could (maybe) use it as land fill.
:evil:

Mark

Re: Just installed metal parts - fail!

Post by Mark » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:44 pm

“The new spider is much heavier than the printed one and no matter how I adjust the belt tension I either get:
1. Theo the table when motors are deactivated or 2. The motors aren't strong enough to lift to the end-stops.”
Hello , this means the carriages could move up and down smoothly, barely has no resistance, this is perfect I think.

"Aside from this I get random skips (one or more motors miss a step) - resulting in unusable prints or crashing to the bed. This happens no matter what tension I have on the belts.
Can I (need I to) increase the power on the motors?"
yeah you can try to adjust the voltage through the potentiometer on the driver, usually it ranges from 0.8-1.2V, me is 0.9V for my G2S pro.
And have you installed the new firmware for your upgraded G2S? download it here:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 10&t=17046

And note the difference between the G2S and G2S pro, see the picture below.
If you upgrade one of them , then change the upgrade setting. And if you upgrade both of them, change them both.
QQ截图20151116164845.jpg
QQ截图20151116164845.jpg (345.38 KiB) Viewed 6598 times

johzac01

Post by johzac01 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:53 am

Thanks for the input.

Yep, installed the new FM and the variables you highlighted are all correct.

Is there any easy way to check the out from the drivers? Multimeter I guess but what pins? Or is here an easier way (like turning the pot in a direction half a turn or so)?
When my motors skip - is it really the voltage that is insufficient? I would have guessed the amps.

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:10 am