Z-axis not moving down.

DBX

Z-axis not moving down.

Post by DBX » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:22 am

Hello again.
Because of some reasons I couldn't use my A20T for a month. After that I noticed Z-axis stopped moving down. This is very strange issue because after turning on a printer, I can move via MENU z-axis up and down as far as I want. But after process of "AUTO HOME" z-axis is not moving down at all and there is no more possibility to manually (via MENU) move it down untill next reset. Things I've done trying resolve the problem:
1. Checked cables.
2. Checked limiters.
3. Checked all screws of z-axis.
4. Checked BL-Touch.
5. Compiled new firmware and updated it to a A20T.
Still I hit the same problem. After reseting printer I checked voltage during moving Z-axis (via MENU) up and down, and it looks fine. So I press the "AUTO HOME" again and voltage during Z-Down is.... ZERO! Even in manual (via MENU) moving Z-Down is zero until next printer restart. Looks like a firmware problem, but it is not. Is it possilble of motheroard damage? Maybe there is a simple repair for that?
A20T V4.1B.

Princy557

Re: Z-axis not moving down.

Post by Princy557 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:16 am

Hi DBX,
Just wondering if you ever got the Z-axis problem sorted out?

I had a brand new one in December 2021, I had a problem with Z-axis it would not home, never went downward, always up.
Took their time but a new motherboard arrived. Installed and it is working now. Well, sort of working,
I'm having difficulty with printing multi-colour items. But that's another story.

Was just wondering if you had a new motherboard or found out what the problem was
Regards
Princy557