A20T - Help with settings

Earl_Josh

A20T - Help with settings

Post by Earl_Josh » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:35 am

Hi,

I have a A20T Geeetech printer and am new to 3D printing.

This is a basic faceplate design that I made in Fusion 360, which initially had a font engraved in the control buttons, but that did not print as expected. I printed this flat, version v22

I printed it on a Raft, but the raft did not separate well, so it kinda chipped (Pic 1) the Font also did not come out as expected.

I then rotated it with the long side oriented X-Y and vertical and removed the lettering, this time I printed it in line with Bed movement (Y Axis), but it split into 2. Maybe no supports? Pic 2

Today, I tried printing it oriented X-Y (longer side along the extruder movement (X direction) and the thinner side on the Y direction (this was also vertical). I used the Raft in these cases too, but it separated easily. I used supports, but the holes turned out oblong partially on the print, with fine filament (Pic 3)

Could someone please point me in the right direction with what settings I can improve or the best direction for printing, I have looked through a number of settings but it looks very complicated.

I'm happy to share settings to help troubleshooting.

Many Thanks

/Earl
Attachments
Front Panel-SDR-2 v30.7z
STL file
(17.08 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Pic 2.jpg
Pic 2.jpg (224.37 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
Pic 1.jpg
Pic 1.jpg (171.68 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
Pic 3.jpg
Pic 3.jpg (284.3 KiB) Viewed 4201 times