Weird Bed Leveling Center Issue

ORND1993

Weird Bed Leveling Center Issue

Post by ORND1993 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:30 am

Hello.

First off thanks to all the help on the boards here. I did a search, but I'm not exactly sure how to describe the situation. I absolutely love this printer.

I've been printing Prusa Face Shields for my teacher co-workers and I've done about 48 of them using a 2 stack model. No issues whatsoever and the A20T has been humming along. Earlier this week after a print, I started another and it did a bed leveling and it starts out normally in the center, does the faster drop and then resets and does the slow move down. It then goes to the front and starts working its path. Goes along the front fine, moves back to the middle edge and that works fine. Then it moves to the center again, does the first check and then moves up to do the slow movement down, but the post doesn't extend and it goes into the print bed and the grinding noise.

I thought maybe the 3D Touch had gone bad since it's electrical and that happens, and got a BL Touch and just installed it. It does the same thing. Is it the Extruder Board? I haven't done a Firmware update since I installed the 3D Touch in 2019 so I guess I could update it, but it was working fine since then and using the same gcode since the beginning of May. I had already printed a number of prints and no issues when it did the bed leveling prior to this week.

Any Ideas?

ORND1993

Re: Weird Bed Leveling Center Issue

Post by ORND1993 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:18 am

I created a video and uploaded it to Vimeo in hopes you can see what's going on and have an idea.

One thing, the Blue Light in the BL Touch is not flickering, but shows like it is on the video.

https://vimeo.com/444016024

Thanks for any suggestions.