[Solved] How to change the extruder nozzle ?

Oli99959

[Solved] How to change the extruder nozzle ?

Post by Oli99959 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:35 pm

Hi,

Can someone explain with pictures how to remove the extruder nozzle please ? I would like to replace it with a clean one.

Cheers,
Oli

EDIT : Geeetech has uploaded a video there : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQafx0U-De0
Last edited by Oli99959 on Sun May 24, 2020 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sodium100mg

Re: How to change the extruder nozzle ?

Post by Sodium100mg » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:51 am

Your going to want to go to the auto parts sore and buy a small tube of anti-seize. Also check that you have some sort of socket or closed end wrench that fits the nozzle. The cheap open end wrenches are junk.

The nozzle must be removed hot, so you also will need a paper towel or pot holder to not get burned. The cold filament acts like a glue.

If you watch videos, you will see people use 1 wrench to hold the hotend and a wrench on the nozzle. The 3 color hotend had no place to put a wrench, but it does have 3 down tubes, which pretty much eliminated the need for the second wrench holding things. So i just put a socket on the nozzle and twisted and had no problem.

The nozzle and hot end are dissimilar metals, where the longer they stay put together, the more the will want to lock together. So new printers should come apart easy, where 5 year old ones may fight it. When putting it back together a drop of anti seize on the threads will prevent this problem.

If you take the nozzle out, be sure to check the bed leveling or tweak the Z axis micro switch up/down. The gap is only like .1 mm, so even a little tighter nozzle or different nozzle can change the gap.

One warning, you got to be quick about it. As soon as the tool touchs the hot nozzle, it starts getting hot. The hot end WILL burn you!!! Be careful!

Oli99959

Re: How to change the extruder nozzle ?

Post by Oli99959 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:55 am

Thanks.

Kashban

Re: [Solved] How to change the extruder nozzle ?

Post by Kashban » Sat May 30, 2020 6:28 pm

My question is rather: Where do I get 3-1 nozzles for the A20t? The Geeetech store comes up empty on this and I couldn't find any at Amazon or other online shops.

Is it the same as the 2-1 one?

William
Site Admin

Re: [Solved] How to change the extruder nozzle ?

Post by William » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:11 am

Hi,
this is the link to the nozzle:
https://www.geeetech.com/2pcs-2in1out-n ... -1137.html
It is the same as 3-1
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!