New Geeetech A20m user problem

bujokpl

New Geeetech A20m user problem

Post by bujokpl » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:43 am

Hello,

my name is Jakub. I'm new to 3d printing. Last week I won Geeetech A20M with V3.0 board on internet auction. It was cheap because it was not fully working. As I got the package I started to assembly everything. I realized that I'm missing one extruder and some other parts. But the board looks OK. I checked it with multimeter before powering on. Drivers are OK. The same with PSU. Once I powered on the machine I got few lines of squares on display. I attach the image. There were some lines missing at first but I reassembled the metal housing the lcd and corrected grounding points and only 3 lines left. But still nothing more on display. Can somebody help? Do I need to replace the display? My friend will lend me SKR V1.3 with display to check the motors but I need to refit cable connectors to it.

My machine: A20M with V3.0 board all stock.

PlasticMate

Re: New Geeetech A20m user problem

Post by PlasticMate » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:58 am

Hi, I have exactly the same problem......as I am investigating it, in my case I suspect a fault within the control board (GT2560 V4.1B). In fact the motor stepper driver chips (HR4988SQ) located just under the motor connectors are all five burned. It is visible with naked eyes, but better with a magnifier is possible to note a tiny burning scold at the diagonal opposite side of the chip HR4988SQ pin one. Maybe possible that the display (9YHGB12864-19 VER3.0) developed also a fault as a consequence or something else.

geekman

Post by geekman » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:42 am

For some reason, I can't see your attached image. First of all, if your screen is broken, then it is advisable for you to change it. It's good that there is a spare screen to check for any other problems. But it may take a lot of money to repair.

hansondean

Post by hansondean » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:04 pm

If you like online games, idle mining empire is an interesting game for you. You can play in your free time to find fun. Let's try it, you will love it!