LCD Screen issue

Kintalind69

LCD Screen issue

Post by Kintalind69 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:23 pm

Hello all,

I just recently had a fan short out and it immediately shut down my machine. I checked the power supply and its still outputting 24v. the board its self has a red LED still on. Power switch lights up, but there appears to be no power to the LCD screen. My first thought was something on the small power distribution board that the fans plug into (on the hot end gantry), but i have that unplugged with no change to the LCD.

Is there something on the board or the LCD board i can test to figure this out? thanks

free online wheel spinner

bjimenez47

Re: LCD Screen issue

Post by bjimenez47 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:52 am

Hi,

I have the same problem. I was trying to replace the extruder on mine and I guess somehow I caused a short. Now the power light comes on but the screen won't turn on. I think the board is shorted out and might need to be replaced. Could be whats happening with you. Try this. with the power off. move the bed back and forth and see if the screen lights up. If it does then it's probably the board that blew a fuse.

Lhindu

Re: LCD Screen issue

Post by Lhindu » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:50 am

Kintalind69 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:23 pm
Hello all,

I just recently had a fan short out and it immediately shut down my machine. I checked the power supply and its still outputting 24v. the board its self has a red LED still on. Power switch lights up, but there appears to be no power to the LCD screen. My first thought was something on the small power distribution board that the fans plug into (on the hot end gantry), but i have that unplugged with no change to the LCD.

Is there something on the board or the LCD board i can test to figure this out? thanks

free online wheel spinner
Hi!,
You can check the fuse, the main board has two power supplies , one for the power and another for the electronics
check this schematic (on the left you can see the fuse):