Printer/firmware (Marlin) restarting randomly and frequently

geolemon

Printer/firmware (Marlin) restarting randomly and frequently

Post by geolemon » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:51 am

I have always had this issue, and sometimes it goes away. I have successfully performed a few overnight prints, so I can't understand what's going on here. But today, this is worse than usual.

It was fine when I first booted it up, I leveled the bed manually because it was complaining about "probe failed" when I tried to auto-level. I just wanted to get going with a print, figured I'd troubleshoot that other issue later.

I went to Cura to slice my STL file, and kept hearing a ticking sound from my 3D touch sensor - I look over and I keep seeing the Marlin splash screen on the LCD display. Then it boots to the main screen.... a few seconds later, the Marlin splash screen again. Looks like it keeps restarting.
And that doesn't stop if I go into the menu, try to get to auto home or bed leveling - before I even get there, it reboots on me again. Marlin splash screen.

Is this a bad main board in here or something? Or is there something else I can check to rectify this? I do need to fix this or this printer is useless to me, and I've only printed maybe 4 things... help!

Admin

Re: Printer/firmware (Marlin) restarting randomly and frequently

Post by Admin » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:57 am

Hello, please contact geeetech official, they can be contacted through ticket.
It may be that your printer's motherboard is not good, or your USB cable may be unstable, how is the SD card printing, whether it will restart.
Attachments
ticket process.rar
(389.76 KiB) Downloaded 257 times

geolemon

Re: Printer/firmware (Marlin) restarting randomly and frequently

Post by geolemon » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:47 am

OK, I'll possibly do that - thanks for linking that process.

Since you mentioned "unstable USB" - I did have the issue when the cable was plugged in, and when I unplug the USB cable it seems to stabilize - the problem went away. :shock:

Then, interestingly, when I plug in my USB cable and do a print - I got through a 7 hour print yesterday without an issue.

So I'll do some searching for "unstable USB" here. Does that go by another name? Is it simply a USB vs. USB 3.0 thing?

Thanks again-