new A20M couple of problems?

JamesLucas

new A20M couple of problems?

Post by JamesLucas » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:19 pm

I got my A20M about a week ago from amazon, Everything worked great initially.
Suddenly it no longer detects the SD card. Tried 3 or 4 that I have here and nothing.
So I've been using Octoprint with a raspi 3b+. Not as good results a from the sd but ok.

Now the button no longer works at the panel, I hear it click, but nothing. Of course I pwr cycled & press the little reset button.
I was thinking just now maybe it disables this stuff while plugged into usb? I have other printers and they don't do this.

So I would guess my next step is to disassemble it & check connections? This all was pre-assembled, so if they're loose they cam this way.
Or maybe I need another LCD board? They seem cheap enough, but I shouldn't have to be buying replacement parts for a 1 week old printer.

If there any tips for getting octoprint working better in the meantime that would help. Or can I run Eazyprint on a PI?

The other little problem I have is the #2 extruder pumps out alot less than the #1. I took apart the mech and tightened it up some, and cranked up the flow on that side to workaround. 150%. They still don't seem equivalent, but closer.

Otherwise I'm very happy with the quality, much better than my other machines.

Thanks for the help!