Question about my new purchase A20M motherboard

Tjh

Question about my new purchase A20M motherboard

Post by Tjh » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:41 pm

Dear Geeetech Admin,

I have made a purchase of A20M last month and i receive my A20M on last Friday.
The price i purchase is approximately USD 260 (sound lucrative right, do wait for the suprise).
As in official Geeetech website, a A20M is selling at USD 349

And after a long research via this forum and youtube channel, I have decide also to purchase additionally 5pcs of TMC 2208 stepper driver to get ready for upgrading the A4988 stepper drive for the A20M.

But after unboxing and run through the first check, found that the motherboard of my Geeetech A20M that i receive is not as the advertised GT2560 V3.0 / V3.1 or V4.0 board as shown in Geeetech official website or my local seller website.

Currently the photo shown in Geeetech official website is still a V3.0 or V3.1, and you can find the V4.0 from the shopping section.

I log an technical report with Geeetech technical department, the reply given is that this is an upgraded V4.1B board. I am not sure what upgrade they mean, as this board seem to be more like a downgraded board to me compare to the V4.0 or V3.1, as user now are not possible to upgrade the stepper driver as the stepper driver is an build in stepper driver. but Geeetech still call this as an upgrade board? Please correct me if i am wrong.

I have attached the photo of the board that i receive from my A20M.

As all of us know, from V3.0 to V3.1 till V4.0, all motherboard posses the capabilities for user to upgrade the the stepper driver A4988 if they wan.

As advertised in the Geeetech official website and also my local seller webpage, the motherboard photo show till today is a GT2560 V3.0 motherboard which have the capabilities for user to upgrade the original factory stock A4988 stepper drive. And from the forum, i never read before any user have receive an upgrade board too.

From what i understand, reading from this Geetech official forum, Geeetech have been shipping all A20M with GT2560 V3.0 motherboard since 2019 and recently there are some user receiving V4.0 board (if i am not mistaken).

But what i currently receive is a board with build in stepper driver A4988 which dont have the room for me to upgrade the stepper driver if i want. And i also can't recongnised what is this motherboard version, as it is not officially publish in Geeetech official website too.

Its very sad for me that, it is because of the USD260 price i am paying, then i get a lower version of motherboard which is not published before by Geeetech.

Further to that, the local seller of this unit is an subsidiaries of official Geeetech company too, what i receive is also a genuine product from Geeetech, but the hardware provided is really dissapointing.

Dear Geeetech admin, please kindly explain and enlighten me what is going here with the product i receive. It is because of the cheap price i buy, so i receive a so called upgraded downgrade motherboard? Please kindly enlightenment me.
If this is claim as an upgrade board, then you all should change the photo of motherboard of your official website, you all are misleading new buyer.

Additional to that, please kindly also advice, if i were to replace this board with either a V3.1 or V4.0. What is the technical challenge for me to replace this board?

Thank you very much and hope to get an satisfactory answer from you all.

cheers!!!
Attachments
20200904_120529-2.jpg
20200904_120529-2.jpg (167.73 KiB) Viewed 2640 times
20200904_120534-1.jpg
20200904_120534-1.jpg (211.58 KiB) Viewed 2640 times