Linear advance, extruder very noisy

DzzD
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Linear advance, extruder very noisy

Post by DzzD » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:44 am

It stop at first layer, so very very small, but I can print a 30x30x30 cube without problem, also the extruders stepper drivers are both cold, wich is normal as they stop at start print, it extrude about 50mm and stop for some models, I will try your last build (does it include Mix extruder speed retraction patch ?)

User avatar
vert
Site Admin
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:50 pm
Location: Marlin Dev
Contact:

Re: Linear advance, extruder very noisy

Post by vert » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:49 am

the patch is not committed to source yet.
running a 10mm cube test now.
10mm cube normal will try a 5mm cube.

DzzD
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Linear advance, extruder very noisy

Post by DzzD » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:03 am

Same problem with last build :/

Side note : LCD info screen (first screen) is buggy on latest build

User avatar
vert
Site Admin
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:50 pm
Location: Marlin Dev
Contact:

Re: Linear advance, extruder very noisy

Post by vert » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:05 am

DzzD wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:03 am
Same problem with last build :/

Side note : LCD info screen (first screen) is buggy on latest build
buggy how slim menus are active.

Image

User avatar
vert
Site Admin
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:50 pm
Location: Marlin Dev
Contact:

Re: Linear advance, extruder very noisy

Post by vert » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:09 am

the forum is not the ideal place for discussion the server is very slow and the posting limits prevent discussion suggest using my discord.
https://discord.gg/brq79WQ

DzzD
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Linear advance, extruder very noisy

Post by DzzD » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:31 am

vert wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:09 am
the forum is not the ideal place for discussion the server is very slow and the posting limits prevent discussion suggest using my discord.
https://discord.gg/brq79WQ
Ok I will do that next time, I dont know Discord it will be interresting to discover.

Last post for tonight but important for user facing the same issue : I tried disabling Linear Advance and it works ! (Setting it to 0 does not work, I have disabled it in Configuration_adv.h)

User avatar
vert
Site Admin
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:50 pm
Location: Marlin Dev
Contact:

Re: Linear advance, extruder very noisy

Post by vert » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:46 am

DzzD wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:31 am
vert wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:09 am
the forum is not the ideal place for discussion the server is very slow and the posting limits prevent discussion suggest using my discord.
https://discord.gg/brq79WQ
Ok I will do that next time, I dont know Discord it will be interresting to discover.

Last post for tonight but important for user facing the same issue : I tried disabling Linear Advance and it works ! (Setting it to 0 does not work, I have disabled it in Configuration_adv.h)
to disable linear advance you have to both set it to 0 and store settings other wise when it resets to print the change is reverted.

DzzD
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Linear advance, extruder very noisy TMC2208

Post by DzzD » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:44 am

Ok I may have found the problem between LA and TMC2208 in another forum, seems the solution is to change mode TMC2208 mode to SpreadCycle via OTP or using UART mode... I lack of motvation to do that now...

Here are the sources :

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marli ... -402426130
...As per TMC: rapid changes in the motor velocity cause back EMF spikes that confuse the driver when in StealthChop2 mode and it shuts down. Switching to SpreadCycle should fix the problem....
And the answer :

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marli ... -403590902
...I now changed my E Stepper TMC2208 to SpreadCycle mode (over OTP) and this has solved the Problem. Looks like as @crzcrz said that he 2208 cant handle the high and rapid acceleration changes....
Seems possible to be a the same problem and may be the right solution solution, as at the moment when extruder stop, I can clearly eard a little "tic" sound.

User avatar
vert
Site Admin
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:50 pm
Location: Marlin Dev
Contact:

Re: Linear advance, extruder very noisy

Post by vert » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:42 am

you can solder the jumpers on the tmc chips to put them in to spread cycle permanently this is the only known viable way to do it with gt2560.
unless you have the ones with the OTP connector on them that can be programmed externally.

DzzD
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:52 pm

Re: Linear advance, extruder very noisy

Post by DzzD » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:40 am

I ve never seen a method to set spread cycle by soldering jumper, could you be more precise please ? as I only know about the OTP method via serial

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest