3D Touch Sensor:Auto-levelling for Geeetech 3D printer

jfkerekes

Re: 3D Touch Sensor:Auto-levelling for Geeetech 3D printer

Post by jfkerekes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:02 am

So I purchased my printer about two months ago... Geeetech A20M... and bought 3D Touch sensor with it. I installed the sensor about a week ago and flashed the latest Geeetech firmware for the A20M with 3D Touch, and initially, after setting up, it worked great for about 3 or 4 days. At that point it started doing this thing after a successful print where, when I start the next print, it would start the autolevel process and at about the 2nd point, it would lower once and on the second slow lower, the Z stepper would start grinding as if the Z End Stop and the sensor were fighting for control.... almost as if the Z Endstop were not being triggered when homing.... now the 3D Touch sensor just flashes off and on. If I power the printer off and back on, or reset the printer using the reset button, the sensor will go through the self test and the light will come on solid for a short time... maybe 30 or 45 seconds and then it starts flashing agian. Is this a problem with the 3D touch sensor or with the firmware or just what could be the issue?

blakilox

Post by blakilox » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:04 pm

1, This thread is not specific to the A20M and is in the wrong place (I want to discuss the A20 Series here)
2, Jfkerekes !! I had more luck when I moved the Z Sensor lower where it won't fight with the 3D Touch,
3, I had the Most Luck without the 3D Touch and Manually leveling the Bed

The Sensor certainly does appear to be working and does make an attempt at adjusting the Z Map,though it gets it wrong. After 3 weeks of messing around I have concluded this Sensor or the Firmware is not ready for production/customer sales full stop
If you have a A20M I recommend not fitting 3D Touch at this stage
Still
The Question remains in my mind as the A20M has only 1 Z stepper and relies on the right hand side Z to follow in tow, could it be a Mechanical Frame issue / design of the A20M at cause

A.. Can Geeetech please please look at Issues with this Sensor on the A20M
B.. Could it be a sloppy frame??? (Issue inherent in the adjustment or the design)
C.. Is my Geeetech Superplate just not level enough? (Quality Control)
D... Could it be that the Jerking /Speed issue when the sensor takes the measurement be at cause (If it approached the bed slower, it may be improved accuracy i.e Simple Firmware issue)

blakilox

Post by blakilox » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:24 am

More testing and trying, I feel like single Z Axis Motor is one of the reasons 3D Touch fails intermittently on this design printer, because of the Rocking tolerance in this A20M, sometimes it nails it, sometimes it fails, about 50/50

Can Geetech make an Upgrade to Dual Z Axis ?
i.e
Like this one
https://tevo3dprinterstore.com/products ... inter-part
Still the best solution would surely be 1x Z Axis motor with 2X Screws, so a the left and right Z motors cant go out of sync
After playing with this Printer for a month, now I really wish I got a Printer with Dual Z Axis motors or preferably Dual Screws
A20M for sale
haha

What may improve this is lowering the speed that the 3D touch makes to the bed, i.e more smooth movement, reduced jerking during the sampling and perhaps sample averaging, maybe this would be a firmware improvement for the A20M

I feel I couldn't recommend an A20M to my friends till this is improved, Adjustment/tightness of the Z rollers may improve it I guess, I haven't looked into that yet

Still its proved a great printer for Prototyping, after MUCH patience and tweaking that is, and certainly some of that (Such as Shipping with 3D Touch firmware if the customer orders with 3D Touch) could have been done in the factory to make the customers experience better

I feel like a Beta Tester not a Customer

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:17 pm

Thanks for your feedback.
I think :
1.Dual z motor+single 4988+single endstop
2.Dual z motor+dual A4988+single endstop
3.Dual z motor+dual A4988+dual endstop
The 3rd plan can give you the best experience.
By the same time,it need you do something for the motherboard:
1.You need to solder the motor pin for the Z axis no.2 motor on E2(e0,e1.e2).
2.Then you need to use the no define pin of the board for the new endstop.
3.Modify the fw and then upload it.
;)
Dual endstop.png
Dual endstop.png (510.86 KiB) Viewed 31878 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

pawien

Post by pawien » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:11 pm

Hello
I own the A20M with 3D touch since 1 weeks.
Not often but when the printer is turned on, the sensor is constantly flashing.
If the sensor lights up after the start of printing, the pen always falls out.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:09 am

pawien wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:11 pm
Hello
I own the A20M with 3D touch since 1 weeks.
Not often but when the printer is turned on, the sensor is constantly flashing.
If the sensor lights up after the start of printing, the pen always falls out.
Have you tried to adjust the top screw?
You need to check it at first.

Benfish65

Post by Benfish65 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:58 pm

JohnQuix wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:21 pm
I would really like to hook my 3DTouch to my MeCreator 2. Does anybody know how to wire it correctly? Also has anyone found a good way to mount it?
If your still interested, I have the wiring to pin diagram for the Rev. B boards. Let me know if you got it working and what kind of mount did you use?

Mauri58

Post by Mauri58 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:54 pm

Hi william , I've a I3 Pro B and I've installed the 3dtouch probe. I followed all the instruction for installation, wiring and firmaware changes. When I turned on first time the probe it has done the self test succesfully remaining in solid red. I've changed the script in Simplify3D putting G29 after the G28 for homing- The printer goes to 0 X and 0 Y and after goes in the middle of the bed. It starts to go down, when the probe touches the bed is becoming solid red but not stopping, if I don't push the emergency button is colliding with the bed. I tried to send commands trough the PC interface of Simplify3D but the probe is not reacting........

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Mauri58 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:54 pm
Hi william , I've a I3 Pro B and I've installed the 3dtouch probe. I followed all the instruction for installation, wiring and firmaware changes. When I turned on first time the probe it has done the self test succesfully remaining in solid red. I've changed the script in Simplify3D putting G29 after the G28 for homing- The printer goes to 0 X and 0 Y and after goes in the middle of the bed. It starts to go down, when the probe touches the bed is becoming solid red but not stopping, if I don't push the emergency button is colliding with the bed. I tried to send commands trough the PC interface of Simplify3D but the probe is not reacting........

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot
Hi Mauri58
I think you should check the wires of the Z min.
Maybe you can try to:
Insert the wire after inverting 180°

frogsuk

Post by frogsuk » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:18 am

William wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:53 pm
Hi, there
Tired of leveling your heat bed manually?
Would you like to add an auto-leveling system for your printer?
For me, the answer must be "YES".
Now,here comes our protagonist:3D Touch Sensor
QQ截图20160921155546.jpg
QQ截图20160921155515.jpg
Her chief features are:
Simple,Smart,High-precision,Innovative Solenoid: Ultra Power Saving,Technologies,wide Selection of Bed,Optimized structure: Larger Build Size
I've already add it on my printer,it is so charming and has a perfect performance on it.Here is a video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aav0i5cOL4
More importantly,everyone(a newbie or experienced guy) has a easy access to the Auto-levelling world,cuz there are detailed guides(including software and hardware) in the manual.
I3 ProB-3DTouch auto leveling sensor User Manual.zip
I3 X-3DTouch auto leveling sensor User Manual.zip
I modified the firmware for they two,you guys can have a reference:
Old GT2560 A board:
Marlin-PI3_Pro_B_3DTouch.zip
New GT2560 A+ board
Marlin-PI3_Pro_B_3DTouch (A+).zip
I3_pro_X_3D Touch.zip
So far,we've updated the manuals on I3 ProB and I3 X(the sensor only supports GT2560 board so far),i'll post it here once there is an updating on other models.
Do you guys wanna have a try?
You can get the sensor from here:
http://www.geeetech.com/3dtouch-auto-le ... -1010.html
2016 you wrote this post William. Will you please update it as you said you would in the post, with the i3Pro A,
Marlin-PI3_Pro_B_3DTouch (A+).zip
This one you have done for the i3 pro B
(324.69 KiB) Downloaded 706 times
PI3A Pro(for the upgraded kit using lead screw).zip
Please, can you update this one you originally posted on the forum so the 3Dtouch works for all those who have completed modifying their wiring?
(375.46 KiB) Downloaded 691 times
please