3D Touch Sensor:Auto-levelling for Geeetech 3D printer

stother

Re: 3D Touch Sensor:Auto-levelling for Geeetech 3D printer

Post by stother » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:42 am

i´ve got some problems with the 3d touch sensor at my Geeetech A10. Meanwhile i bought my second sensor because the results of the first one have been totaly crap. Testing the repeatability of the sensor with an M48 command produced results with a spread of over 1mm. So for example the lowest result has been 3mm, the highest over 4mm. But with the new sensor i have the same problems. It results in a standard deviation of 0,24mm after 50 probes. Minimum was 3mm, maximum 4,1 mm. With this results i can´t really use it reliable...

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:30 pm

stother wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:42 am
i´ve got some problems with the 3d touch sensor at my Geeetech A10. Meanwhile i bought my second sensor because the results of the first one have been totaly crap. Testing the repeatability of the sensor with an M48 command produced results with a spread of over 1mm. So for example the lowest result has been 3mm, the highest over 4mm. But with the new sensor i have the same problems. It results in a standard deviation of 0,24mm after 50 probes. Minimum was 3mm, maximum 4,1 mm. With this results i can´t really use it reliable...
I think the G29 code can give you the correct result.||
You can try it 3 times then you can compare them.
I think you can add screw on top of the 3dtouch
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

iherbak

Post by iherbak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:26 am

Benfish65 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:58 pm
JohnQuix wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:21 pm
I would really like to hook my 3DTouch to my MeCreator 2. Does anybody know how to wire it correctly? Also has anyone found a good way to mount it?
If your still interested, I have the wiring to pin diagram for the Rev. B boards. Let me know if you got it working and what kind of mount did you use?
Hi! I would be interested.

Thanks

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:51 pm

For the MC2 work with 3dtouch/bltouch:
1.Print the stl for the sensor holder
2.Wiring the pin of Z max(3pin)+Z min(2 pin) for 3dtouch/bltouch
It needs the extension wires for it.(The default wires too short)
3.Edit the firmware
https://www.facebook.com/groups/315127105604393/files/
VB.png
VB.png (25.57 KiB) Viewed 25542 times

kostaslazaridis

Post by kostaslazaridis » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:57 am

hello,
recently I bought 3d touch I set it up, but it hasn't great results. You can see from the picture below that the first layer isn't level. It seems that its working because the z axis move up and down while printing. (I use 4 by 4 sample points)

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:05 am

Hi, If the z-axis is unstable, you can 1. Remove the lead screw to see if it is bent;
2. Check if the coupling connection is correct;
3. If the brass nut is loose, it can be screwed to the appropriate state;
4. Check the drive board voltage (0.8-1.2V).

zolakk

Post by zolakk » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:39 am

jfkerekes wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:02 am
So I purchased my printer about two months ago... Geeetech A20M... and bought 3D Touch sensor with it. I installed the sensor about a week ago and flashed the latest Geeetech firmware for the A20M with 3D Touch, and initially, after setting up, it worked great for about 3 or 4 days. At that point it started doing this thing after a successful print where, when I start the next print, it would start the autolevel process and at about the 2nd point, it would lower once and on the second slow lower, the Z stepper would start grinding as if the Z End Stop and the sensor were fighting for control.... almost as if the Z Endstop were not being triggered when homing.... now the 3D Touch sensor just flashes off and on. If I power the printer off and back on, or reset the printer using the reset button, the sensor will go through the self test and the light will come on solid for a short time... maybe 30 or 45 seconds and then it starts flashing agian. Is this a problem with the 3D touch sensor or with the firmware or just what could be the issue?
I had this exact issue this week and so far what seems to have fixed it most reliably was to completely disconnect the z end stop and move my 3d touch just a hair (like 0.5mm) down. Ever since I did both of those it seems to be working great