Motor Shudder?

blakilox

Motor Shudder?

Post by blakilox » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:03 pm

Into my Third week of utter frustration with this printer, I am learning, though getting really close to heave it out the window
I just noticed this note
You need to upload the firmware via Arduino IDE 1.8.5(Use the 1.8.7 or higher version may cause the motor work abnormal)
Yeah I did use 1.8.7 still following that I did manage to get the .hex file to load also, so I would assume that should be the most perfect as is Geeetech's own compiled version
I think I am seeing some Shudder in my motors, they feel smooth with good tension to the hand, though the steppers seem to be giving a fait lot of vibration on both X and Y, on the bed that looks like under extrusion, the filament is sometimes extruding kind of Dotty
that results in Fragile crumbly demented disheartening things that don't even resemble anything everybody else seems to be able to do
so I am throwing all my ideas out the window and going back to try firmware built with 1.8.5
Oh Christ, wish me luck

blakilox

Re: Motor Shudder?

Post by blakilox » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:10 am

Ok that was certainly part of my Big Issues, what I did do to mess things up was use the Current version of ArdwinoIDE to load firmware
(Because when you order 3d Touch the thing does not shop from factory without the 3D Touch Firmware, so you got to mess around for weeks figuring it out
Indeed, only use V1.8.5 to load the Firmware
the Printer seemed to get faster, smoother following that downgrade

It is clearly in the notes, I should have listened

If your printer is starting with Breadcrumbs like print, this may be your issue

I haven't replicated if this Motor issue the latest release of Ardwino IDE that just came out like a few days ago 1.8.8 I think

Things are improving, slowly, Still working through Issues weeks later with this printer, Nice printer though, I did notice that my Geeetech Heat Plate has some shallow valleys its not real level and with that and the 3D touch on one of my corners always seems to lie about it's level

My Loungeroom floor looks like a Hair dresser studio floor, of failed prints, haha