Heatend problem Grrr!!

mikemrbnc

Heatend problem Grrr!!

Post by mikemrbnc » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:16 pm

I have recently gotten a A20 that I bought on amazon. I'm fairly new to 3D printing but I have friends and family that have been doing it for years that I can lean on for advice. I had growing pains and no success for the first 3 days. I changed the nozzle and it was clogged. The new nozzle enabled me to finally print 2 small objects and during the 2nd print, I noticed a blob of purple in the print. I am using a somewhat dark shade of blue filament and during my 3rd print i noticed a lot more purple and then saw it oozing from the top of the heating block. Through research and a family member with years of experience in printing, I have learned my heatblock may have been loosely assembled. The heatbreak wasn't tightened up enough and it left a small gap between the heatbreak and nozzle. So I am in the process of taking the heatend apart to clean and assemble the correct way. This is a learning experience for the future but it's a not what I expected to be doing on my 4th day of printing. Geeetech has made a tremendously great printer but I hope for others that this is an isolated quality control oversight. I hope to be printing again soon!!!

mikemrbnc

Re: Heatend problem Grrr!!

Post by mikemrbnc » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:57 am

Got the problem fixed and currently running my 1st post problem print. Print is 75% done and no problems as of yet (knocks on wood).