Need help with my geeetech a20

JinstKebe

Need help with my geeetech a20

Post by JinstKebe » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:52 pm

Hey guys, so I'm new to 3D printing. I've got my hands on a geeetech a20 and after assembling the printer with the help of an awful manual, it was almost ready. To level the printer, the manual told me to fasten all four feather screws that hold up the hotbed. After I did that, I turned the printer on and pressed "auto home". The printer automatically moved the nozzle to the bottom left nearside corner. But here's my problem: Since the Z axes is already down so much that the Z POS Sensor doesn't allow any further movement down, the nozzle is about 5-10mm above the hotbed. Does anyone know a fix for that? I think moving it up with the feather screws will mess up the evenness of the hotbed.

Thank's already!

sebasd

Re: Need help with my geeetech a20

Post by sebasd » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:16 pm

Hi
Yes the manual that comes with the A20 is horrible.
I watched a youtube video that some guy made of the setup of the A20 and that was great.

You should not tighten the feather screws, only adjust it so the nozzle head is tight to the bed.
The paper supplied with the printed to check distance for the nozzle head is okay but it could have been a hard material.

After you pressed "Auto home", there is an option in the menu "Calibrate corner" or something like that, I am not in front of my working A20 right now. Use that to align all four corners. The printer head will move to each corner and you should check with the paper that the distance is correct. You should feel some force when dragging the paper under the nozzle but you should not damage the paper.

Keep adjusting the feather screws one at a time at all four corners. When its done and you are happy with the settings, everything is clear to go.

Hope this helps you a bit.
This forum seems very quiet unfortunately.

I have a problem my self of how to safely remove object from the print bed when completed. I made a larger box 230 x 220 mm, and the only way to remove it was to hack and use sharp tools that destroy the bed it self.
Second prints is going right now and I guess I will ry remove the top layer and bend it a bit to get my object loose.

If anyone knows a better way and how to get models of the bed let me know please. Cooling down does not work it is still stuck like h...
Sebastian

mikemrbnc

Post by mikemrbnc » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:16 am

I use a washcloth to get things off the bed of the printer. I wet it then wring out as much moisture as I can and stick it in the freezer for a few minutes. I leave it in there long enough to get cold but not freeze up. I then drape it over my print and cover it and try to touch as much of the area of my print as possible. I then try in a few minutes to loosen the print from the bed. If the washcloth gets warm I repeat the process of wetting it and in the freezer again. Eventually it comes loose fairly easily. I also wash my bed after each print and use Elmer's washable glue stick to cover the print area of the bed and apply it freshly for each print. I have always used PETG filament, so I'm not sure if this would work with PLA. Hopefully this will help some of you!!

Jose8355

Post by Jose8355 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:28 pm

Thanks for sharing. I found a lot of interesting information here. mymilestonecard
Last edited by Jose8355 on Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

sebasd

Post by sebasd » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:56 am

Another update here.
Get the 3D touch auto leveling tool!

It is great!!

However, as usual the instructions Geeetech gives of how to install is worthless.
I cannot understand why they need to make fast forward videos of a technician showing false things.

However when you download the firmware update tool and the new firmware that has the 3D software in it, it is very helpful. It takes horrible time to measure the offset distance.
They do not supply any tool or similar to measure it.

I took a steel tool with a certain diameter, in this case 3.43 mm, and put under the 3D touch pin in up position, then just lowered the nozzle until it touches the bed.
At that point I tightened the 3D touch screws andand it was set.

But still you need to fine calibrate it a lot. It took me about 2 hours to make it 100%. But now, I am very happy with my prints. They come out even better now than with the manual calibration with the feather screws.

Get in touch if you want to know more how to install the 3D touch tool.
Sebastian

Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:44 pm

If you need to know how to install 3DTouch, we got you a video which can help you, please check the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-Zofqk4Mvc&t=272s

sebasd

Post by sebasd » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:29 am

The video you link to is worthless.
It does not say much.
How to measure the distance between nozzle and 3D touch top for an example?

You have no examples of how to do this, its just guessing here.
Sebastian

Admin

Post by Admin » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:43 pm

We have some examples in the video, please check the time 1:59 3:57 4:26