VS1053 MP3 breakout board with SD card
This tiny board is designed based on VS1053B from VLSI. VS1053 is a versatile MP3 codec processor that is capable of decoding a variety of music formats,including Ogg Vorbis/MP3/AAC/WMA/MIDI audio. For the best headphone listening experience, the VS1053 includes EarSpeaker spatial processing which accurately simulates how a room with stereo loudspeakers would sound. In addition to being able to decode all major formats, VS1053 is capable of recording in Ogg Vobis file.
With the SD card slot on the other side of the board, you can play mp3 files from SD card using this breakout. It is easily to drop it in your project or make a mp3 player using your Arduino or other microcontroller.
- Can play a variety of music formats, support for OGG encoding real-time recording
- SPI interface, the control signal lines are led out
- A headphone and stereo output
- A microphone for recording
- A line_in input interface
- Power indicator
- 3.3V and 2.8V of LDO chip AMS-1117 on board, provides up to 800mA current
- A single power supply: +5 VDC
- 12.288 Mhz crystal
- SD card slot
- Ogg Vorbis
- MP3 = MPEG 1 & 2 audio layer III (CBR+VBR+ABR)
- MP1 & MP2 = MPEG 1 & 2 audio layers I & II optional
- MPEG4 / 2 AAC-LC(+PNS), HE-AAC v2 (Level 3) (SBR + PS)
- WMA4.0/4.1/7/8/9 all profiles (5-384 kbps)
- FLAC lossless audio with software plugin (upto 24 bits, 48 kHz)
- WAV (PCM + IMA ADPCM)
- General MIDI 1 / SP-MIDI format 0
Encodes formats from mic/line
- Ogg Vorbis with software plugin
- IMA ADPCM
- 16-bit PCM
Here is guide illustrate you how to connect VS1053 breakout to Arduino Uno and play mp3 stored in your SD card.
After connecting your Arduino to the VS1053 breakout board, insert the SD card which stores your mp3 files with the filename like "track001.mp3", "track002.mp3" and etc into the SD card slot.
Download the MP3Shield_Library_Demo and put them in the folder /Arduino1.0/libraries/, then open the Arduino IDE 1.0 and upload the examples MP3Shield-Library-Demo.
Open the serial monitor with the baudrate 115200, input the number 'x' will play the corresponding mp3 file "track00x.mp3" in your SD card.