PEEK J-head short-distance
This J-Head Hot End is assembled and designed based on other nozzle. It's very simple by reducing the number of custom machined parts to a bare minimum. The J-Head Hot End can easily and well interface with the most popular RepRap extruders.
parts to a bare minimum. The J-Head Hot End can easily and well interface with the most popular RepRap extruders. The filament path is same with teh one of an already proven design, it can be used to print reliably with both ABS and PLA. If using PLA, it requires a small fan to provide air-flow through the cooling vents milled in the sides of the nozzle holder. Besides, the Hot End has another two advantages. Heat transmission is more efficiency as there is no thermal junction where a separate heater screws onto the nozzle. And a resistor is used as a heater. There is no need to wrap nichrome wire or to bake a heater core.
This product is of J-head Hot End design. It adopts high-quality PEEK heat-insulated pipe and duralumin alloy nozzle, with Teflon heat-insulated pipe built in, which prevents blockage effectively and is easy to clean. Besides, its surface is covered with anodic oxide coating, which can resist oxidation corrosion and increase nozzle hardness, thus ensuring finer and more stable printing.
This nozzle is a combination of ideas from other nozzle designs combined with a goal to reduce the number of custom machined parts to a bare minimum. By reducing the number of machined parts, it is hoped that the cost of this hot-end can be kept down while improving the reliability.
The idea of using the PTFE tubing as a liner, from the Cold End to the tip, was borrowed from the Makerbot Mk V extruder design.
- Internally, the filament path is identical to that of an already proven design.
- The design is simple as the number of custom machined parts is kept to a minimum.
- If necessary, the PTFE liner can be replaced by using an off-the-shelf piece of PTFE tubing.
- The PTFE is not stressed nor used to provide support. This reduces a point of failure that is part of other designs.
- A resistor is used as a heater. There is no need to wrap nichrome wire or to bake a heater core.
- Heat transmission is improved as there is no thermal junction where a separate heater screws onto the nozzle.
|Suitable raw material||PLA and ABS|
|Printing material||1.75mm or 3mm ABS or PLA|
|Nozzle diameter||0.3, 0.35, 0.4 , 0.5 optional|
|Outline dimensions||18*65*15mm L/H/W|
|Input voltage||default to 12V|
|Heating voltage of extruding head||12V|
|Thermistor||100K 1% high-precision NTC Thermistor|
|Cartridge heater||12V 30W|
How to buy
Click here to buy PEEK J-head short-distance