Print will not stick to print bed BRAND NEW Printer

Photof2as

Print will not stick to print bed BRAND NEW Printer

Post by Photof2as » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:41 am

I looked a many of the posts but I did not see a ready solution for this.
I have just got an A10M printer but I have been using an Anet A8 for about a year not problems with my filament sticking to a plain glass surface (no adhesives used glue, tape, hair spray etc) With the A1o it has the super plate but nothing sticks. I have tried the following
1. clean the plate with rubbing alcohol.
2 Tried a glue stick
3. put a plain glass plate on the top of the existing plate.
4 I am using Cura 4.0 Slicer and have set it to the default A-10M printer profile that is in the new version.
The bed has been leveled many times and nozzle is about on sheet of standard paper from the plate at all 4 corners using corner level function
I am using Inland brand 1.75mm PLA material which I have used for with my Anet and have had good success with all different types and sizes of prints.
When I try to print the filament just balls up around the print nozzle and will not stick to the plate at all.
Settings for print
Print Temp 200
Bed plate temp 60
print speed 60 mms
cooing set to 100% but i noticed that the print cooling fan is not running
build plate adhesion set to brim
just using one extruder ( did test to see that the filament is extruding properly)

Since this is a new machine I know I must be missing some quirk or setting that I am not aware of.
Any help would be appreciated. At this point I have an expensive paper weight.

chooch

Re: Print will not stick to print bed BRAND NEW Printer

Post by chooch » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:12 am

Does the inital layer look like it's under extruding?

Doube check the filament size setting in cura matches the exact measured diameter of your filament.

Leveling with paper didn't yield consistent results for me. The initial layer would print thicker than 0.2mm even though it's set to .15mm in cura and it would not stick.
It just looked like it's under extrudung. Live leveling worked very well for me.

Draw up a disc, as large in diameter as possible, print it and make leveling adjustments while it's printing. It's pretty easy to see the difference in thickness of the initial layer like this if the bed is not leveled or set to the correct height. I adjusted until there was no sign of under extrusion and the initial layer actually measured between .15-.18.

I'm very new to 3d printing. Not even 100% sure what I did is correct but it works for me. None of my prints will release until the bed is cool.

Photof2as

Post by Photof2as » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:54 am

vert wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:57 am
corner leveling likely wont be good enough bed leveling to print on some kind of mesh leveling should be used.
Can you give me some more details on mesh leveling? I am unfamiliar with that process.
Thanks

Photof2as

Post by Photof2as » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:56 am

chooch wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:12 am
Does the inital layer look like it's under extruding?

Doube check the filament size setting in cura matches the exact measured diameter of your filament.

Leveling with paper didn't yield consistent results for me. The initial layer would print thicker than 0.2mm even though it's set to .15mm in cura and it would not stick.
It just looked like it's under extrudung. Live leveling worked very well for me.

Draw up a disc, as large in diameter as possible, print it and make leveling adjustments while it's printing. It's pretty easy to see the difference in thickness of the initial layer like this if the bed is not leveled or set to the correct height. I adjusted until there was no sign of under extrusion and the initial layer actually measured between .15-.18.

I'm very new to 3d printing. Not even 100% sure what I did is correct but it works for me. None of my prints will release until the bed is cool.
Thanks for the reply and suggestions
I did check the cura settings I have it set to 1.75mm. I will try you suggestions.

Photof2as

Post by Photof2as » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:39 am

One more question what is the default nozzle size that is shipped with the printer
Cura wants to use a .04mm
and when I tried to do the 7 in circle print the extruder is not putting out any filament
it was on the smaller print ( the dog sample that ships with the machine)
I am using PLA 1.75mm
Bed head 65C
filament 200C

Akuma

Post by Akuma » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:08 am

0.4mm