Geeetech A10 Endstop Problem?

Sa1Wales

Geeetech A10 Endstop Problem?

Post by Sa1Wales » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:45 am

I am having issues with my endstops, The printer homes fine also XYZ manual control all work as they should. But when I goto print the Bed Seems to go in the opposite direction instead of coming forward it tries to go backwards but makes a horrible grinding vibration noise, same with the X Axis. I have checked the endstop switches and the lights come on when pressed but dont seem to stop. Its strange as they seem to work with auto home, but when everything heats up and goes to start print it all messes up.

Any Help would be greatly Appriciated.

Steve.

Sa1Wales

Re: Geeetech A10 Endstop Problem?

Post by Sa1Wales » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:16 am

I did the M119 test on the endstops and they report they are being triggered. I am at a loss.
a10.jpg
a10.jpg (235.83 KiB) Viewed 6918 times

schlulou

Post by schlulou » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:26 pm

This noise can be caused if a cable to the stepper motor is faulty. Check with a multimeter if they are cut somewhere or if they were connected properly to the molex. In my case one cable was cut, soldering it fixed it for me for one axis.

Sa1Wales

Post by Sa1Wales » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:17 am

schlulou wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:26 pm
This noise can be caused if a cable to the stepper motor is faulty. Check with a multimeter if they are cut somewhere or if they were connected properly to the molex. In my case one cable was cut, soldering it fixed it for me for one axis.
Thanks for your reply, Wires and connecters seem fine. As I say the Homing works fine, the endstops work up until it goes to start printing. I will make a video tomorrow showing what it does. I have re uploaded marlin just incase it was currupted but still happens. Also if I use G1 F60 Z0 command To goto true Z 0 the printhead moves very slowly to the Left along the X axis.

I only bought it on 24 November, 2018 so it should still under guarantee.

Hogdriver

Post by Hogdriver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:58 am

There is a lot more load on your PSU when the bed and nozzle start heating... I wonder if your power supply is faulty?!? Also check the obvious that your PSU is set for the proper line voltage supply for your locality.