A10, Marlin 2.0 beta and 3dtouch

Ricky1966

A10, Marlin 2.0 beta and 3dtouch

Post by Ricky1966 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:53 pm

Someone among you, will be so patient, to teach me how to wire the 3Dtouch sensor, and level the bed, step by step? A10 with Marlin 2.0 Beta. Thank you

buttervonwaffle

Re: A10, Marlin 2.0 beta and 3dtouch

Post by buttervonwaffle » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:49 am

So they released a few different "versions" of this printer if you just got the newest one, you should have connectors behind your print head, that you can connect to, heres a video that shows the wiring how to if you have these hook ups here

If not there's a bit more to it than just hooking up and go, but I think its been a while since they have sent ones formatted without those print head hookups so your probably good.

Now the 3d touch, should be simple to run, But do this method for getting your zoffset. I dont know why so many people over complicate this because its probably the easiest thing to do on your printer.

Calibrate z-axis offset
1. tighten your bed knobs all the way down and then Hit auto home
2. move your nozzle to the very center
3. grab an a4 piece of paper and begin moving your nozzle down to the paper by 10mm segments till you have a slight tug on your paper, then back it off by 10mm
4. begin repeating the previous step but in 1mm segments.
5.Finally begin doing it 0.01mm segments till you have a slight tug. but do not back it off this time and write down what your z is.
6. now go over to your z-offset, and write that down as well, and what you will do is add your z you wrote down earlier and your z offset, what that gives you is your knew z offset value. (Example - -2.40 + +1.25 = -1.15) Then once you input your new z-offset make sure to store your settings in the menu.

This method works for any printer when it comes to calibrating your z-offset, even the prusa this z-offset calibration method works.

Now I run cura, and to ensure your printer is running the bed leveling I have my cura Gcode setup as follows -

Start G code

Code: Select all

G28 ;Home
G29; run auto bed leveling routine
G1 Z15.0 F6000 ;Move the platform down 15mm
;Prime the extruder
G92 E0
G1 F200 E3
G92 E0
G29 of course is what runs the auto bed leveling
If something I said just helped you out tremendously you can drop a little ramen money, the coding monkeys in my basement will appreciate it - Feed them here

You can private message me if you have any questions I might be able to help.

Ricky1966

Re: A10, Marlin 2.0 beta and 3dtouch

Post by Ricky1966 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:27 am

Tks, very clear :D