Reflash Bootloader on GT2560

lkomnino

Re: Reflash Bootloader on GT2560

Post by lkomnino » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:09 pm

Hello, new to 3D printing, just bought a CTC Anet / i3 Prusa Reprap, and when i went to update firmware fell in to a world of pain....

1stly it managed to get axis wrong, and now does not move at all.

Then found it had a Geeetech GT2560 board, so tried to put recommended FW on it... using Arduino 1.8.5.
When compiling found error:
"exit status 1
using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'"

Tried uploading newest Marlin with configuration.h file for Geeetech in examples. NOTHING

found forum saying about reflashing bootloader, so bought UNO, and followed (the various contradictory) instructions, and youtube examples...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N1zgX8Gv54 (note that even in this vid it FAILS!!)
&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5achE10rCI (using a pinout of a mega to get correct)

also using the picture of the connector on page 1 (my version 2560 Rev A has the notch the other side, so checked which were gnd with multimeter, and pins are as described)

reburnt bootloader, and now there is a red flashing LED along with green power LED.

What now?!?

Board info still says: Unknown board, vid: 0403, pid: 6001.

Just uploaded latest marlin, with gt2560 confg.h and successful and red led out...here's hoping...

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:00 am

You should uploading the FW via Arduino IDE 1.0.1
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

lkomnino

Post by lkomnino » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:11 pm

Got a replacement board and works fine.
Turn out board is a clone 2650, no GT logo, so could be Biqu.
Everything on board idebntical though. As board is Rev. A, no touch sensor 3-pin socket.
Also how do i tell if it has a bootloader or not installed? I'm guessing not.
Have checked chip is ATmega 2560 not 1280.
Have touch sensor to install so need to be able to put custom Fw on, so will try reburning bootloader on old board..

DJBurner

Post by DJBurner » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:13 pm

My board is the GT2560 A+....Had issues uploading firmware and my RepRapDiscount Full Graphics Smart Controller wasn't working....turns out that my LCD and SD Card sockets were on the board upside down....after nipping off the "bump" on the ribbon cables and inserting them so that the red stripe was facing toward the power connectors, I plugged the board back in and the LCD immediately came to life....so I tried to upload Marlin again, and it worked without issue....seems the LCD and SD Card cables being incorrectly attached due to reversed sockets, caused my issues...

DJBurner

Post by DJBurner » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:21 pm

My GT2560 A+ had the LCD and SD Card sockets soldered on upside down, causing me to incorrectly attach my LCD...The incorrect orientation of the LCD cables caused issues identical to those reported in this thread in addition to a non-working LCD screen....after nipping off the "bump" on the cables and inserting them with the red stripe facing the power connectors on the board, the LCD began working and I was able to upload Marlin with no issues

Bernardcollin

Post by Bernardcollin » Wed May 06, 2020 8:54 pm

I have produced a guide to do this without messing up the board trying soldering...
follow this and it is very simple
cheers
bernard
https://3dprinting.odoo.com/burn-a-bootloader-1

Bine1963

Post by Bine1963 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:25 am

Hi, hello first I'm new and I grew my printer hobby at the age of 64 and also printed some good parts.
When updating 1.1.9, which took 2 days, wanted to make a few changes with Arduino, nothing worked. I no longer get firmware on the board. Who can help ?
Greetings Andi

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:36 am

Bine1963 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:25 am
Hi, hello first I'm new and I grew my printer hobby at the age of 64 and also printed some good parts.
When updating 1.1.9, which took 2 days, wanted to make a few changes with Arduino, nothing worked. I no longer get firmware on the board. Who can help ?
Greetings Andi
Hi,you can download the correct firmware update from the official website:
https://www.geeetech.com/download.html
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!