Z Axis Homing too low

Renny

Z Axis Homing too low

Post by Renny » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:58 pm

Hello,

I've recently finishing building my Geeetech i3 Acrylic printer, I'm currently in the process of levelling the bed..etc in preparation or printing however I believe it is homing too low down.

Therefore when it starts to print the nozzle hits the heated bed.

I'm at a loss as to how I can fix this. I've screwed the screw as far as it will go down so it pushes the stopper for the Z and its still going too low.
Ive also got the heated bed screws at their lowest.

If need pictures to visualise the issue please let me know.

William
Site Admin

Re: Z Axis Homing too low

Post by William » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:19 pm

I think you can check four parts of the printer(In my picture marked four area).
LEVELING.png
LEVELING.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 6781 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

SukkoPera

Re: Z Axis Homing too low

Post by SukkoPera » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:17 am

Hi there, first post here, so hello everyone!

I got a Geeetech i3 Pro B Acrylic kit for Christmas, and spent the last few days building and tuning it. I had the same problem! The instructions say to use an M3x30mm screw in the end stop trigger, but that is far too short. What I did was go through all the pieces leftover at the end of the build (so many of them... why???) and I found a black M3x45mm screw and just used that (I think there were two of those). It still has to be threaded quite far (I had to cut half of the spring off, since it was blocking the screw before it touched the trigger), but I managed to get it working.

In all pictures I see on the Net, there's a silver screen in there. One of the leftover packages had a silver M3x40 screw, which I thought could be used for this purpose, but it was still too short.

Hope this helps!