Voice recognition module :Recognition stage problem.

htjanahi

Voice recognition module :Recognition stage problem.

Post by htjanahi » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:56 pm

Hello, I'm writing regarding your Geeetech VR module, as I'm facing two problems.

The first problem:

The first problem, is the TTL device, after a while, it's gets kinda an "open" circuit. It is not recognizable by the computer (I'm using windows 7, and an Hterm software), even though the Voice recognition module LED is contentiously blinking, as well as the TTL's LED which is still on. I tried using it on different USB ports but no use (neither windows or the software is aware that a USb is connected), so I had to order new TTLs. I ordered two as a back up as I have an urgent upcoming project.

I understood the recording method, and did it pretty well, did not face a lot of issues.

I then have to disconnect the module from the TTL, as it obviously saved my voice commands in hex forms, and then connect it to my arduino mega 2560. I would power up the module using the arduino 5V power output pins, once this is done, you'd usually hear a "USB" sound notification from the computer.

The purpose of this module is to control my linear actuator, via HIGH and LOW outputs after it recognizes the command (via the "Switch case" codes), and I did copy and paste the sketch that is found on the device' wiki link.

The second problem:

But here is second the annoying yet strange problem, once connected the to the arduino, the voice module sometimes isn't just ready for the voice recognition stage! the LED keeps blinking fast (waiting for a serial instruction), and after numerous attempts, it was "ready" for voice instructions for 3 or 4 times by having a "pulse" like blink, just like the one you would see in the recording stage (please speak). Once that was achieved, my linear actuator responded perfectly. However most of the time, the LED blinks continuously, and is obviously not in the recognition stage mode.

I don't know what is the problem, I kept connecting the disconnecting the 5V VDD ports, the Rx and TX (although this one doesn't need a TX) pins before uploading, but the problem is still there and looks very random!

I even though of checking if the module forgot my instruction by reconnecting it to the computer and sending a AA 21 code through the software to test, but it seems that the instructions are still there with the correct hex responses.

Please help me as soon as you can regarding the arduino issue, I would really appreciate it, because I'm in real real hurry but stuck. I fear that this will embarrass me during my upcoming presentation.

Cup

Re: Voice recognition module :Recognition stage problem.

Post by Cup » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:05 pm

It's a bit weird...
Didn't the manual mention it?
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/images/6/6 ... manual.pdf

htjanahi

Post by htjanahi » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:42 pm

Cup wrote:It's a bit weird...

No, there isn't anything in the manual regarding this specific matter or the possibility of such a problem. Probably the only right thing, which was written on the wiki page by the way, was not to connect Rx and Tx pins while the code is uploaded to the arduino.

It is weird yes, because I only found one person online (after a long search) who had a similar problem to mine, and still he didn't get any answer. It basically is almost always on the waiting mode, judging by it's LED rapid flashing.

By the time you wrote me your comment, the VR module was already working, but apparently that is a very random thing. I noticed that it SOMETIMES worked when I connected the Vdd pins first, then Rx Tx and then ground, but this really doesn't make sense.

I really don't know what to do, I even tried TWO VR modules, as I thought the first module had a hardware problem or something.

Cup

Post by Cup » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:17 am

You can test the two modules with the same codes and Arduino board to make a compare,then you can check if the problem module mentioned has some soldering issue on its back.

htjanahi

Post by htjanahi » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:39 pm

Cup wrote:You can test the two modules with the same codes and Arduino board to make a compare,then you can check if the problem module mentioned has some soldering issue on its back.

I did test them, and they are the same. It seems that even that "the order of connecting pins" does not work at all. Logically, it should just be ready for voice recognition once I connect it to any device (the arduino in the case) with any problems, yet this isn't happening at all, instead it's always in waiting mode. (I wonder if I have to add or remove something from the codes though, it probably is worth taking the risk since nothing is working).

Soldiering? well I don't see any problem and not sure if soldiering will actually solve this, and suppose I will do that, what should I soldier and to what?

It's not that the connection is not stable, but the mode. Or else it wouldn't instantly response correctly while I was using the TTL USB device to record.

I emailed technical support last night, I hope they'll have a solution too, because I'm almost hopeless.

chandra

Post by chandra » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:32 am

Hi htjanahi,

I am facing the same problem you are. The module becomes unresponsive after I write a servo command. It works for relay ON OFF commands.
After resetting it gets to start stage but again for servo.write(), the led starts blinking continuously.

Could you solve the issue. If yes, please mail me at mailchandu.v@gmail.com.

It will be hugely helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandrakanth

reemaamin

Post by reemaamin » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:44 am

htjanahi wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:42 pm
Cup wrote:It's a bit weird...

No, there isn't anything in the manual regarding this specific matter or the possibility of such a problem. Probably the only right thing, which was written on the wiki page by the way, was not to connect Rx and Tx pins while the code is uploaded to the arduino.

It is weird yes, because I only found one person online (after a long search) who had a similar problem to mine, and still he didn't get any answer. It basically is almost always on the waiting mode, judging by it's LED rapid flashing.

By the time you wrote me your comment, the VR module was already working, but apparently that is a very random thing. I noticed that it SOMETIMES worked when I connected the Vdd pins first, then Rx Tx and then ground, but this really doesn't make sense.

I really don't know what to do, I even tried TWO VR modules, as I thought the first module had a hardware problem or something.
I am having the same problem. The light in the VR module is continuously blinking after it's connected to Arduino mega. Tried everything possible but doesn't help. Is there anybody who can help me fix it?

GioraPen

Post by GioraPen » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:11 pm

I know how to solve this problem. Basically, try doing any connection or disconnection between the Arduino and voice module while the power is off.
Specifically, try:
1. disconnect TX, RX and Ground of the voice module
2. upload your code to Arduino
3. disconnect Arduino from power
4. connect back TX RX and Ground
5. connect Arduino to power

Worked for me..