Reflash Bootloader on GT2560

Cup

Re: Reflash Bootloader on GT2560

Post by Cup » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:54 am

Contact here to talk about it,and I guess she will...

Cup

Post by Cup » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:55 am

Contact here to talk about it,and I guess she will...

cRaZyT

Post by cRaZyT » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:02 am

left_gangster wrote:
Cup wrote:You can try replacing the crystal with another one if your LCD is two rows of rectangles.

And if your LCD is working fine now,then it maybe the FTDI chip was broken,you can attach the picture of the FTDI on your board(as clear as possible,i mean the numbers on it).

In addition,there is another way to reverse X axis--modify the wiring order:
motor wiring.zip
The screen does not show anything anymore because essentially the board does not have a firmware uploaded to it.
Here are the requested pictures of the ftdi chip (FTDI 1550-C 5657501 FT232RQ):
I have the same problem with an exchange board and it looks the same of shown on this picture.
If I connect the new board only by USB it's dead, only if you connect the PSU the LED's are shining and blinking. To upload the firmware only the USB connection show be enough without powering the board by the PSU.
What I found out is, that my old board also with a broken FTDI chip, has a part soldered at position F2 (just behind the USB connector), I don't know what kind of part it is, it hast a only a lower "h" printed on.

left_gangster

Post by left_gangster » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:04 am

Maybe there was a fuse at some point which was not needed later so they removed it, i don't know.

cRaZyT

Post by cRaZyT » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:12 pm

left_gangster wrote:Maybe there was a fuse at some point which was not needed later so they removed it, i don't know.
It should have been a backup, I found it on the board schematic, but without any info about the backup. This fuse protects the board against the USB power input without having this fuse or a bridge between both solder joints, the USB connection does not work.

left_gangster

Post by left_gangster » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:11 am

cRaZyT wrote:It should have been a backup, I found it on the board schematic, but without any info about the backup. This fuse protects the board against the USB power input without having this fuse or a bridge between both solder joints, the USB connection does not work.
Could you try to solder a resistor and see if that makes any difference? I am guessing there should be a big value resistor since it may connect the positive and negative of either the data pins or the vcc/gnd pins.

cRaZyT

Post by cRaZyT » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:31 am

I don't have any resistor to try but I bridged both solder points with with a screw driver and the effect was that the green power LED behind the USB connector was shining after connecting the USB cable with my laptop.

left_gangster

Post by left_gangster » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:13 am

cRaZyT wrote:I don't have any resistor to try but I bridged both solder points with with a screw driver and the effect was that the green power LED behind the USB connector was shining after connecting the USB cable with my laptop.
Did you try uploading a sketch that way?

Alexesporte

Post by Alexesporte » Tue May 02, 2017 3:07 am

GOOD AFTERNOON.
I CHANGE SOMETHING IN ARDUINO. FROM THEN THE LCD SCREEN ONLY TURN ON.
BUT NOTHING APPEARS. WHAT DO I DO?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue May 02, 2017 8:31 am

Alexesporte wrote:GOOD AFTERNOON.
I CHANGE SOMETHING IN ARDUINO. FROM THEN THE LCD SCREEN ONLY TURN ON.
BUT NOTHING APPEARS. WHAT DO I DO?
Hi,Try to swap the LCD cable with the SD card cable. Make sure they are correct connected.
Check more details in this post:http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 23&t=17040.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!