Rostock 301 head drops to bed on emergency stop

nbkcu33

Re: Rostock 301 head drops to bed on emergency stop

Post by nbkcu33 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:01 pm

Hello René,

After 3 months of trying to print I have not been able to print anything with my 301. It took me about a month to get the hotbed level. I am very handy and have built everything from plastic models to bookcases to small buildings. For the last two months, the first few layers print correctly but then the belts skip on the gears and the print head hits the hotbed and destroys the print. I have replaced the belts with 6 mm GT2 steel wire belts, which I figured would not stretch as much as the original belts but the belts still skip on the gears.

I must be missing something, but after three months I cannot figure out why I cannot get a single print out of this printer.

Lami René

Post by Lami René » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:39 pm

Hello,
Bonjour,

You can find the original text into English following this original French text.

Vous trouverez le texte original traduit en anglais à la suite du présent texte originale en français.

J'aurais deux sugestions.

1) Est-ce que les courroies sont bien tendues, parfaitement parallèles (ajustez avec les écrous papillon en haut des axes) ? Mais pas trop serrées, la tête d'impression descend au plateau quant l'imprimante est éteinte et le courant coupé, bouton à Off ?

2) C'est peut-être les moteurs pas-à-pas qui sautent des pas. Est-ce que les pilotes des moteurs pas-à-pas sont ajustés entre 0.6 et 0.7 Volt avec le potentiomètre du circuit du pilote ?

Je suis curieux d'avoir vos réponses.

Cordialement,

L'ami René
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello,

Excuse me, I am unilingual francophone and I use Google translator to translate the texts of the forum in French and to write to you in English. Thank you for your understanding and your indulgence for these texts translated mechanically!

I would have two sugtions.

1) Are the belts taut, perfectly parallel (adjust with the butterfly nuts at the top of the axles)? But not too tight, the printhead goes down to the tray as the printer is turned off and the power off, button to off?

2) It is perhaps step-by-step motors that jump off. Are stepper motor drivers adjusted between 0.6 and 0.7 Volt with the driver circuit potentiometer?

I am curious to have your answers.

Cordially,

Friend René
Un pour tous et tous pour un !
One for all and all for one !
-------------------------------------
Mon imprimante modifié : http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?178,781375,781375
Voir aussi pour mes pièces : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2464177

nbkcu33

Post by nbkcu33 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:06 am

René

When I power off the printer the hot-end did not drop so I loosened the belt tension and tried to print. Again the belt skipped on the gear.

I am not sure where I would find the driver circuit potentiometer, nor do I know how to see the voltage reaching the stepper motors.

Matthew

Lami René

Post by Lami René » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:48 am

Hello,
Bonjour,

You will find the original text translated into English following this original French text.

Vous trouverez le texte original traduit en anglais à la suite du présent texte original en français.

Voici ma procédure pour ajuster le voltage sur le pilote des moteurs pas à pas :

Si la roue dentelée glisse sur le filament, c'est que la pression de la pince sur le filament est trop faible et il faut ajuster la pince pour plus de pression sur le filament. La roue dentelée du moteur pas à pas ne doit jamais glisser sur le filament, c'est important !

Donc la roue dentelée du moteur pas-à-pas ne glisse jamais sur le filament, mais si le moteur saute des pas, c'est que l'ajustement électrique du pilote du moteur est trop bas et qu'il faut l'augmenter par le minuscule potentiomètre directement sur le pilote de la carte contrôleur. La valeur de voltage habituelle requise est entre 0.6 et 0.7 Volt.

Mesurer et ajusté la puissance électrique du pilote d'un moteur pas-à-pas en utilisent un multimètre réglé sur DC (cercle #1) relie par le câble noir du multimètre au capot métallique du port USB de la carte contrôleur (cadre #2) et le câble rouge du multimètre à un petit tournevis en métal conducteur (cercle #3) et directement dans l'encoche en métal du mini potentiomètre du pilote (cercle #4).
Ajuster le voltage des Pilotes d'extrudeurs 01.jpeg
Ajuster le voltage des Pilotes d'extrudeurs 01.jpeg (551.69 KiB) Viewed 10653 times
Il y a les trois pilotes pour les moteurs des courroies et les trois pilotes pour les extrudeurs qui peuvent être réglés de manière indépendante. Mais pour moi, comme je suis débutant en la matière ils sont tous réglés à 0.6 Volt (±0.004 Volt).

Cordialement,

L'ami René
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello,

Excuse me, I am unilingual francophone and I use Google translator to translate the texts of the forum in French and to write to you in English. Thank you for your understanding and your indulgence for these texts translated mechanically!

Here is my procedure for adjusting the voltage on the stepper motor driver:

If the serrated wheel slides on the filament, it is because the pressure of the clamp on the filament is too low and it is necessary to adjust the clamp for more pressure on the filament. The serrated stepper motor must never slide over the filament, it is important!

So the serrated wheel of the stepper motor never slips on the filament, but if the motor jumps, it means that the motor driver's electrical adjustment is too low and that it must be increased by The tiny potentiometer directly on the controller card driver. The usual voltage value required is between 0.6 and 0.7 Volt.

Measure and adjust the electrical power of the stepper motor driver by using a DC meter (circle # 1) connected by the black multimeter cable to the metal cover of the controller card's USB port (frame # 2). And the red multimeter cable to a small conductive metal screwdriver (circle # 3) and directly into the metal slot of the pilot's mini potentiometer (circle # 4).
Ajuster le voltage des Pilotes d'extrudeurs 01.jpeg
Ajuster le voltage des Pilotes d'extrudeurs 01.jpeg (551.69 KiB) Viewed 10653 times
There are the three drivers for the belt motors and the three pilots for the extruders which can be adjusted independently. But for me, as I am beginner in the matter they are all set to 0.6 Volt (± 0.004 Volt).

Cordially,

Friend René

nbkcu33

Post by nbkcu33 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:01 am

René,

I checked the voltages for the six stepper motors and they were all around .450 volts. I was able to increase them to between .593 and .603 volts. Once this was complete I re-leveled the hotbed to be sure it was still level. I needed to make minor adjustments to get everything level.

I attempted a small print for a radio controlled model I am working on. The print actually completed and I ended up with a small rectangle, which is what I was going for. The rectangle should have had a hole in it, by design, but there is no hole. I guess I still have some tuning to do.

Thank you for getting me pointed in the right direction.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:24 am

and now what's the situation of your printer?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Lami René

Post by Lami René » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:27 am

Hello,
Bonjour,

You can find the original text into English following this original French text.

Vous trouverez le texte original traduit en anglais à la suite du présent texte original en français.

Heureux d'avoir été utiles !

Cordialement,

L'ami René
Hello,

Happy to have been useful!

Cordially,

Friend René