3D Touch Sensor:Auto-levelling for Geeetech 3D printer

NiklasO

Re: 3D Touch Sensor:Auto-levelling for Geeetech 3D printer

Post by NiklasO » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:46 am

I can't go negative for my Z-axis. I can only go to min +000.0. Not -. How do I allow it? Using the FW from this thread. I also need "#define INVERT_X_DIR true" or my X will move in the wrong direction. B, acrylic.

UndCon

Post by UndCon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:09 am

Hi!

Welcome to the forum Dppp and NiklasO!

It seems to me that Dppp get the exact same behaviour as I do...

As I actually did a mistake with the wiring I might have killed mine so I ordered a new one.
My code was like the one provided by William in the 1st post so it should be no issues what so ever. (besides X-axis invert)

I still have not received the new sensor so I wait for it to arrive and then I will continue testing.
It seems like there is some vital step missing from the instructions?

NiklasO - I think you are Swedish? - So am I :)

NiklasO

Post by NiklasO » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:14 am

Thanks!

My sensor stopped working today. The screw you use to set the pin distance in the sensor moves when the printer vibrates during print. I just had to adjust it but it's too loose and will move again. If the screw moves during measurement, the distance will be wrong. Looking for solutions..
Getting some "thread-locking fluid" I think..

Edit:
"#define min_software_endstops false" in FW allows me to go negative on the Z-axis.

And yes, Sweden here. ;)
Last edited by NiklasO on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dppp

Post by Dppp » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:11 pm

Thanks :D. I'm sure that my wirings are ok, so that cannot be reason why sensor is not working.

When I was googling I found out this video from youtube (not mine): https://youtu.be/gFBjkMAkEbA. So we are not only one who has problems with it...

Can someone from Geeetech staff comment this?

NiklasO

Post by NiklasO » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:23 pm

I had to use the firmware in the first post (Marlin-PI3_Pro_B_3DTouch.zip). When I did the changes following the wiki, the sensor did not work. I might have done something wrong or the wiki is wrong. I just used the Marlin-PI3_Pro_B_3DTouch.zip and changed one thing, the direction of my X. One value from false to true.

Also, why not release a new firmware based on newer Marlin for GT2560? The one now used is getting old and Marlin has some new and nice functions..

UndCon

Post by UndCon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:05 pm

I am sort of glad that it is not just me with issues - it almost verifies my sensor to still work despite me mixing wires up initially.

When my new sensor arrives I will try the provided firmware - If the new sensor ends up doing the exact same thing then the instructions are missing vital parts or the sensors are all DOA.

Anyway - I designed a new bracket to mount the sensor on the acrylic version.

I simply made a hole where the cables can go thru so you don't have to mount it backwards.

Ill share the bracket when I get home from work.

Dppp

Post by Dppp » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:37 pm

I uploaded firmware from 1st page --> 3D touch sensor started to work :roll: . Will do more testing tomorrow...

UndCon

Post by UndCon » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:42 am

So wierd...I wonder if EEPROM needs to be cleared when uploading the firmware or something...

Here is the model I made

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1880910

I have not yet printed it myself but I'm going to in order to verify the measurements.

NiklasO

Post by NiklasO » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:13 pm

I ported the config to latest Marlin RC7-release.
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=18437
I use the Arduino IDE daily for other stuff and it was a hassle to use the old version to tinker with the firmware. With Marlin 1.1.0-RC7 you can use the latest Arduino IDE.

Commodore

Post by Commodore » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:52 am

Hello,

How high must be the sensor relative to the extruder ?