Prusa I3 A Pro Driver Board Not Working

MarceloSilva

Prusa I3 A Pro Driver Board Not Working

Post by MarceloSilva » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:11 am

I recently acquired (in fact, my sister, but it's for me =] ) one Prusa i3 A Pro 3D Kit (http://www.geeetech.com/geeetech-prusa- ... p-997.html) and I'm facing a lot of problems setting up it.
Right now, I have all the mechanical parts in place (although I had to buy a few washers and bolts because the parts supplied were out of specs; will address it in a future review... someone really needs to update the manual, ASAP) but I'm trying to do the electronics work. I connected all the stuff as per instructions contained in the manual (I had to be creative in some parts).
And, that resulted in the following errors:
1) Heatbed starts to heat, without any command given to that... it set point still shows 0 degree celsius, but it keep warming up, although slowly... after 5 minutes on, it didn't reached 70C.
2) It can't be reached through USB. Via Windows or Linux. I used to control a Prusa i2 and an i3 in both (Win and Linux), so all needed software was already working, I just needed to create a new config in Repetier-Host and start controlling it... but, no device to connect appears. And that isn't a driver problem, since I checked linux logs files and nothing happens if I plug in or off the cable. No additional line in dmesg. I've tried another usb cable, and no result. I can connect to other usb devices perfectly.
3) Something seems wrong with Z motor... I checked if I made something wrong with the mechanical parts, but everything seems fine. However, it keeps making noise on the right motor (looking up front to the printer).

Since I believe the electronics should be a blackbox, I didn't opened it... more than that, I'm afraid to void the warranty if I do that. Does someone from Geeetech comes to this board? If not, how to contact them?
Any help are appreciated!

Toy
Site Admin

Re: Prusa I3 A Pro Driver Board Not Working

Post by Toy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:33 am

OPening the box doesn't affect the warranty. You can just open it and check the connection.
If all the connection is okay, you can unplug all the drivers and see if the heating problem still exists,
if so, then I think there's something wrong with the board, maybe the mosfet is short,
you can check the mosfet according to the link:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19&t=17039
If the board is confirmed defective, you can contact the seller for a replacement.

MarceloSilva

Post by MarceloSilva » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:11 am

@Toy

As far as I can understand, the extruder driver is burnt, because without it, I couldn't see the failure (1).
Can't check the USB connection right now, but until tomorrow I will, and then I'll come back and post the results.
About the failure (3), it seems that some of the rods are bent.

It was bought directly from Geeetech website. I've sent Geeetech a message (by their online form submission) the same day I posted here on this board, so a week ago, and no response from them about replacement/refund/etc.
Any hints how can I contact them? Or should I start to consider the possibility that Geeetech isn't a good company and I've lost money?

ggg666

Post by ggg666 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:56 pm

@MarceloSilva
Hi,
As far as i know,Geeetech is on their vacation(Chinese National Day).
I think you can contact the sales(sales@geeetech.com) to have the replacement for the broken parts if you've verified it,and
i believe you will get response from them soon.

ggg666

Post by ggg666 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:58 pm

And how the heating issue goes after you unplug all the stuffs on the board?