Me Creator 2

William
Site Admin

Re: Me Creator 2

Post by William » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:55 pm

SoddOff wrote:I seem to me late to this party, sorry for my delay.

I can confirm that the new firmware that is posted above does fix the light controls. It would be nice if the brightness could adjusted with the jog dial, kind of like the way you do with you extruder/bed temp.

I also noticed that the serial baud rate has changed from 115200 to 250000. The manual still shows 115200, so what setting should I use? 250000 does work at this time, but if it should be lower then let me know and I will make this adjustment. If it needs to be set to 115200, then I feel the firmware should already come with that value adjusted.

Like John, I am also having issues with my printer not printing in the center of the bed. I did try what John suggested, but the print head would just stick in the back right corner and would not move at all. I both manually moved my carriage to the front left and used the jog dial. I would really like a resolution to this issue soon because it is making me crazy. I have attached a screen shot of my slicer showing where the model should be printed, and an image of my printer showing where the actually print is happening.

This is where it should be printing.
The attachment printer.jpg is no longer available
This is where it is actually printing.
The attachment slicer.jpg is no longer available
In addition I have a question about one of the connectors on the board next to the print head. There is an open connection labeled PWR_FAN and I was wondering how I might be able to get that to work? It is right next to were the fan for the extruder plugs in, but at this time I am not able to get any power from that port. Is there a way that can be changed? The reason why I ask is that I have designed an active cooling duct/fan mount for the MeCreator2 and this would be a nice place to connect the power. (you can see the cooler in the attached image). It would be nice if it was controlled via the slicer software. Use the 'Enable Cooling' option when you check the 'Override Slic3r Settings' and have the active cooler turn on.

Lastly I see you have done some work on the manual but I see that the links to the .STL files no longer exist. You still reference them though which is confusing. I would have prefered that you either correct the links in the manual rather than remove the links, or remove all reference to the files. It is my opinion that having the links makes it easier for users to get those files and follow along.

Looking forward to your reply.

-Joe
Hi,Joe
1.Baud Rate
About the baud rate,you should use 250000,which is compatible with the value in the firmware.

2.Not In The Center Of Heat Bed
Not printing in the center of the bed,there are two possibilities:
1)Did you have a right setting in Printer Settings?
QQ截图20160822164645.jpg
QQ截图20160822164645.jpg (68.23 KiB) Viewed 17762 times
2)Was the size of the actual printing the same as the size of your model?If it wasn't, maybe the step/mm of your motor is wrong.

3.The PWM_FAN connector
You can use a fan which can be controlled,which is different from the one of the extruder:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 24&t=17886

4.The .STL file
Would you mind attaching some screenshots of the not existing file,so that we can modify it.Thanks
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

SoddOff

Post by SoddOff » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:56 am

Hi,Joe
1.Baud Rate
About the baud rate,you should use 250000,which is compatible with the value in the firmware.
I used the printer yesterday with the 250000 setting and it worked, so I figured that was find, I just wanted to be sure I would not seen adverse effects.
2.Not In The Center Of Heat Bed
Not printing in the center of the bed,there are two possibilities:
1)Did you have a right setting in Printer Settings?
QQ截图20160822164645.jpg
(68.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet

2)Was the size of the actual printing the same as the size of your model?If it wasn't, maybe the step/mm of your motor is wrong.
I have verified the dimensional accuracy with my printer, and it is correct.

Here are my bed settings in my slicer:
Printer_Settings.JPG
Printer_Settings.JPG (53.93 KiB) Viewed 18224 times
Bed_Shape.JPG
Bed_Shape.JPG (23.62 KiB) Viewed 18224 times
3.The PWM_FAN connector
You can use a fan which can be controlled,which is different from the one of the extruder:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=17886
Looking at that forum post I am not sure of that connector is 'on' all the time. From what I am understanding it is not on all the time. What is the GCode to enable and disable that connection so I can check the connector?
4.The .STL file
Would you mind attaching some screenshots of the not existing file,so that we can modify it.Thanks
I will just provide you the specific information:

http://www.geeetech.com/Documents/Me%20 ... Manual.pdf

On page 45 it says "Direct to the file Me creator2 PLA config.ini and open it" but there is no link on that page. There is, however, a link to that file on page 44.
On page 50 there is a link to Elephant_Phone_Holder_Solid.stl that does exist. This is the issue that I was in reference to.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:31 pm

-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

JohnQuix

Post by JohnQuix » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:14 am

William Kwok wrote: 2.FAN CONTROL
http://reprap.org/wiki/Gcode#M106:_Fan_On
Ohhhhh this is super exciting! I would be happy to test this out for you too, Joe.

JohnQuix

Post by JohnQuix » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:15 am

Hey I saw on the Geeetech website that you have added a 3d printed part cooler to the MeCreator 2!

Would it be possible to get the .STL files for this?

Toy
Site Admin

Post by Toy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:42 am

Sorry the file is not available.

JohnQuix

Post by JohnQuix » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:55 am

Okay I got the file.

I was wondering if there has been an update to the firmware? The last version of the MeCreator 2 Firmware that I go got from William was great! I just wanted to see if this newest version of the MeCreator 2 has updated firmware to go with it.

AcoVanConis

Post by AcoVanConis » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:47 am

Hey i received my Me Creator 2 today. Its working pretty good so far.
Im having the same issue that my print is not starting from the middle of the bed. Also im not able to controll Z with the lcd menu neither 10mm nor 1mm is giving me the option for Z (only x and y)

Any solution for this issue yet?

JohnQuix

Post by JohnQuix » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:36 am

Hey! Welcome and congrats on a pretty cool printer!

If you have a Facebook account make sure to join us over at https://www.facebook.com/groups/6775269 ... page_panel

How-to fix your MeCreator 2's off centered prints:

Make sure you have the latest firmware.
Navigate to Y0 X10 Z0 and then go to the menu item that reads something like Reset Home Offsets. Click it and you will hear a loud beep and then next time you print it will print in the center.
DO NOT just move your head with the steppers disabled it will make your printer go haywire. You want to make sure your printer knows where it is when you reset the offsets or it will mess you up pretty bad :)
Good luck!

8ung

Post by 8ung » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi John
where is this menu item, in Repetier host I cannot find him
have the same issue, the print is not centered, a litte bit too left
tnx