Me Creator 2

JohnQuix

Me Creator 2

Post by JohnQuix » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:16 pm

Hey all,

I figure this awesome little printer should have its own discussion.

So far I had some issues with customs damaging my printer during inspection but Geeetech has been awesome at getting me what I need to get the print rocking and rolling.

I have been getting some decent prints so far but still trying to get all my settings just right. Does anyone have any suggestions that have worked for them?

Also a few seemingly universal problems that aren't being resolved:

A) Updating the firmware as specified in the user manual gets rid of the light control through the printer. You can of course use G-Code to turn the light on and off however it's nice to have it right on the printer. I personally just skipped this step and so far I haven't seemed to have any adverse effects on my new printer from using the firmware from the factory. Am I missing something? Is there a reason to overwrite the factory firmware?

B) Both of my MeCreator 2 printers, plus two people that I know with the printer have all printed off to the left on the X-Axis. This doesn't help if you update the firmware to the lastest version. There are some offset settings in Repetier but I use Octoprint so that doesn't help me much. Anyone have any ideas on how to get a more permanent fix?

Would totally love to hear your experiences with your MeCreator 2!

William
Site Admin

Re: Me Creator 2

Post by William » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:47 pm

JohnQuix wrote:Hey all,

I figure this awesome little printer should have its own discussion.

So far I had some issues with customs damaging my printer during inspection but Geeetech has been awesome at getting me what I need to get the print rocking and rolling.

I have been getting some decent prints so far but still trying to get all my settings just right. Does anyone have any suggestions that have worked for them?

Also a few seemingly universal problems that aren't being resolved:

A) Updating the firmware as specified in the user manual gets rid of the light control through the printer. You can of course use G-Code to turn the light on and off however it's nice to have it right on the printer. I personally just skipped this step and so far I haven't seemed to have any adverse effects on my new printer from using the firmware from the factory. Am I missing something? Is there a reason to overwrite the factory firmware?

B) Both of my MeCreator 2 printers, plus two people that I know with the printer have all printed off to the left on the X-Axis. This doesn't help if you update the firmware to the lastest version. There are some offset settings in Repetier but I use Octoprint so that doesn't help me much. Anyone have any ideas on how to get a more permanent fix?

Would totally love to hear your experiences with your MeCreator 2!
A)What you exactly mean by saying getting rid of light control?You dont wanna the light function or you lose the control of LED?
B)I guess there are similar offset settings in Octoprint,you can have a double check.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

JohnQuix

Post by JohnQuix » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:41 pm

A) When you update the firmware to the version posted on your site you will lose the "lights on" option from the MeCreator 2 LCD.

B) I haven't found any options in octoprint yet. It would be better to have a permanent fix through firmware either way.

Thanks for responding.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:02 pm

JohnQuix wrote:A) When you update the firmware to the version posted on your site you will lose the "lights on" option from the MeCreator 2 LCD.

B) I haven't found any options in octoprint yet. It would be better to have a permanent fix through firmware either way.

Thanks for responding.
A)OK,maybe that version is not updated in time.Try the one i attached for you,let me know how it goes after you upload it plz.
MeCreator2固件.zip
(293.54 KiB) Downloaded 818 times
B)About the firmware,refer to this,wish it will help you:
http://reprap.org/wiki/Configuring_Marl ... Dimensions

JohnQuix

Post by JohnQuix » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:27 am

William Kwok wrote:
JohnQuix wrote:A) When you update the firmware to the version posted on your site you will lose the "lights on" option from the MeCreator 2 LCD.

Thanks for responding.
A)OK,maybe that version is not updated in time.Try the one i attached for you,let me know how it goes after you upload it plz.
MeCreator2固件.zip
A) The firmware from the factory has light controls so I just ignored the user manual and I have been sticking with the firmware that came with the printer. Any reason I shouldn't do this?

B) I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!! All you have to do is home the Z-Axis and move the printhead to very corner of the printbed and then you go to the menu option PREPARE and at the bottom there is an option to SET HOME OFFSETS. Once you hit this your print will make a very loud beep and the next print will be in the correct place.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:35 am

JohnQuix wrote:
William Kwok wrote:

Thanks for responding.
MeCreator2固件.zip
A) The firmware from the factory has light controls so I just ignored the user manual and I have been sticking with the firmware that came with the printer. Any reason I shouldn't do this?

B) I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!! All you have to do is home the Z-Axis and move the printhead to very corner of the printbed and then you go to the menu option PREPARE and at the bottom there is an option to SET HOME OFFSETS. Once you hit this your print will make a very loud beep and the next print will be in the correct place.
A)Have you tried my firmware?How everything goes?
B)So smart you are!

JohnQuix

Post by JohnQuix » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:19 am

I haven't tried to install it because I don't know for a fact that I won't lose the light controls so I don't want to risk it.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:45 am

JohnQuix wrote:I haven't tried to install it because I don't know for a fact that I won't lose the light controls so I don't want to risk it.
So,you didn't upload any firmware since you received the printer?But you said you have lost the "light on" before...My newer firmware is OK,and it is the firmware Mecreator2 comes with.

JohnQuix

Post by JohnQuix » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:57 pm

William Kwok wrote:
JohnQuix wrote:I haven't tried to install it because I don't know for a fact that I won't lose the light controls so I don't want to risk it.
So,you didn't upload any firmware since you received the printer?But you said you have lost the "light on" before...My newer firmware is OK,and it is the firmware Mecreator2 comes with.
Yes that is correct. The first MeCreator 2 was damaged in customs but when I received it followed the instructions in the user manual which for some reason tell you to download an older version of the firmware (the one without light control) and upload it to the printer. So when my replacement printer came I just didn't upload the firmware again. I just wasn't sure if the manual was telling us to overwrite the factory firmware for a particular reason.

Thanks for sending this new firmware I will tell my friends who have the printer that they should upload it!

SoddOff

Post by SoddOff » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:21 am

I seem to me late to this party, sorry for my delay.

I can confirm that the new firmware that is posted above does fix the light controls. It would be nice if the brightness could adjusted with the jog dial, kind of like the way you do with you extruder/bed temp.

I also noticed that the serial baud rate has changed from 115200 to 250000. The manual still shows 115200, so what setting should I use? 250000 does work at this time, but if it should be lower then let me know and I will make this adjustment. If it needs to be set to 115200, then I feel the firmware should already come with that value adjusted.

Like John, I am also having issues with my printer not printing in the center of the bed. I did try what John suggested, but the print head would just stick in the back right corner and would not move at all. I both manually moved my carriage to the front left and used the jog dial. I would really like a resolution to this issue soon because it is making me crazy. I have attached a screen shot of my slicer showing where the model should be printed, and an image of my printer showing where the actually print is happening.

This is where it should be printing.
printer.jpg
printer.jpg (129.39 KiB) Viewed 18947 times
This is where it is actually printing.
slicer.jpg
slicer.jpg (91.65 KiB) Viewed 18947 times
In addition I have a question about one of the connectors on the board next to the print head. There is an open connection labeled PWR_FAN and I was wondering how I might be able to get that to work? It is right next to were the fan for the extruder plugs in, but at this time I am not able to get any power from that port. Is there a way that can be changed? The reason why I ask is that I have designed an active cooling duct/fan mount for the MeCreator2 and this would be a nice place to connect the power. (you can see the cooler in the attached image). It would be nice if it was controlled via the slicer software. Use the 'Enable Cooling' option when you check the 'Override Slic3r Settings' and have the active cooler turn on.

Lastly I see you have done some work on the manual but I see that the links to the .STL files no longer exist. You still reference them though which is confusing. I would have prefered that you either correct the links in the manual rather than remove the links, or remove all reference to the files. It is my opinion that having the links makes it easier for users to get those files and follow along.

Looking forward to your reply.

-Joe