Electrical short in hotend wire

nbonzani

Electrical short in hotend wire

Post by nbonzani » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:49 am

Where are the fuse of the hotend circuit ?

Sherry

Re: Electrical short in hotend wire

Post by Sherry » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:25 pm

nbonzani wrote:Where are the fuse of the hotend circuit ?
On GT2560,there are 2 fuse,one labeled 10A is for logic circuit including hot end.Another labeled 15A is for hot bed.

nbonzani

Post by nbonzani » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:45 pm

Thank you,
I'd verified those two fuse, they are OK.
Which other component could be burned ?

When I start the restock, the LCD show only 0°C and error:MINTEMP, I've already transmit the arduino firmware successfully, I think there is a burned component betwen arduino and hotend ...

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:33 pm

nbonzani wrote:Thank you,
I'd verified those two fuse, they are OK.
Which other component could be burned ?

When I start the restock, the LCD show only 0°C and error:MINTEMP, I've already transmit the arduino firmware successfully, I think there is a burned component betwen arduino and hotend ...
MINTEMP ERROR.it seems that one of thermistor is open circuit.
please refer to the link: http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=17030

or i can figure out which thermistor cause the error of you take a picture of what lcd display.

nbonzani

Post by nbonzani » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:19 am

Thanks,

That's OK now !

"Plus de peur que de mal" we say in France ;-)

kb3lnn

Post by kb3lnn » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:13 am

Hello all I have a Prusa I3 Dual and the problem is that when I turn on the temp. reads 125/0 deg. for 1 and 245/0 for 2 bed = 27/0 and this all happens when all thermisters are connected and when all are disconnected 1=110 ,2=245 no change and bed=0. And no MAXTEMP ERROR , I think the mother board is bad. I am a tech and a ham radio operator and do repairs but I can not seem to get a schematic on the 2560 board. I was maybe thinking some one out their had this same problem and solved it some other way. Thank's in advance.

Robert KB3LNN

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:53 pm

kb3lnn wrote:Hello all I have a Prusa I3 Dual and the problem is that when I turn on the temp. reads 125/0 deg. for 1 and 245/0 for 2 bed = 27/0 and this all happens when all thermisters are connected and when all are disconnected 1=110 ,2=245 no change and bed=0. And no MAXTEMP ERROR , I think the mother board is bad. I am a tech and a ham radio operator and do repairs but I can not seem to get a schematic on the 2560 board. I was maybe thinking some one out their had this same problem and solved it some other way. Thank's in advance.

Robert KB3LNN
hi,could you tell me what firmware you are using,is it from geeetech. i'm not sure if the problem comes from firmware. so ,please upload the firmware to the motherboard.
i3 c firmware download link:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1555

kb3lnn

Post by kb3lnn » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Thank for the speedy reply. Well I have never uploaded any firmware ever and I do not edit G-code. When I built this printer and loaded in the drivers into Windows 7 it started to print the very first time. I had to level bed and set up the software for printer and that is Repetier Host . And to answer you question I guess yes it is Geeethech firmware. This happens to be the first problem I have had and I built this thing and learned "Design Spark Mechanical" way back in May of 2015. And before that I knew nothing about the 3D world. Let me tell you it's been great. I have but one other question, if I were to need to replace the board from some one other than Geeethech would the board have the firmware all ready? Because I have no clue of how to load this firmware , I have downloaded and unzipped it. but I see no valid file to execute or run.
I am a ham radio operator and class as a tech. I can handle repairs, and some software. But by no means am I a expert. Thank you for your time.

Robert KB3LNN

kb3lnn

Post by kb3lnn » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:30 pm

Ok downloaded Firmware and in folder marlin found a file "makefile" ,I opened it with word pad win 7 Not shier what to do with it and if I had to make any changes that were needed I really do not know what to change or what type of format to save the file. As I had said this is new to me. Never needed to do any of this and now about a 1000 prints later I come to this.

Thank you for your time.

Robert KB3LNN

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:04 pm

check this link to install the firmware:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=17181
And if you run into those common problems like wrong direction of motors, hotbed not heating up or something else, you can check it here first:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13