After installation

Stunzasr20

After installation

Post by Stunzasr20 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:06 am

Hi there
I have just completed the assembly of the aluminium Prusa i3.
I have downloaded and installed the driver and repetier host for my laptop and can connect to the 3d printer via the usb cable supplied. I am able to use the manual control in repetier host software. All axes move fine.

So now I am unsure as which step should be next.
1.Do I need to download firmware ?
2.My kit/instructions say that I am supplied #56 (Sanguinololu +4A4988). So is this also known as the gt2560?
3.If so I am reading that I must download arduino software ide 1.0.5, is this correct for this application ?
4.Where is x0 y0 z0 on this printer? I have read bottom left corner. If so would I be correct to say that this isthe position at where all the end stops are placed as per instructions. Please confirm?

Kind regards

Sherry

Re: After installation

Post by Sherry » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:51 pm

hi,if you want to burn firmware,you can download it.but the sanguinololu has been burn firmware before it leave factory.and the sanguinololu is different from GT2560.
in addition. x0, y0,z0 is the coordinate of hot bed not endstop position.

Stunzasr20

Post by Stunzasr20 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:40 pm

Hi
Ok so I do not need to burn the firmware.
But now that my manual controls in repetier host are backwards ( hit the x arrow on the left and the extruded moves to the right. So that would mean I need to configure the firmware?

If so I have already downloaded arduino 1.0.6 but now I am not sure what I need to do next. I have seen the post " lost on how to" but it was not clear to me what I should do.
Can I please have a clear explanation on what I should do next giving that that post is a number of months old. I also want it to be explained relative to the setup as mentioned above.

Regards

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:55 am

the post "lost on how to" is updated, you can check it agian to install the firmware, it's more easy now.
and for the direction of the axis, you can refer to this link here to change it:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=17037