Can´t upload Firmware

Berto

Can´t upload Firmware

Post by Berto » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:14 am

Dear Geeetech,

i bought a Prusa i3 Pro X. I assembled it and it worked fine for one day. Two days later i started it again and the LCD just displays 2 rows of blocks.
I then tried to upload new Firmware as recommended in this forum. I used Arduino IDE 1.0.1 and the firmware available in this forum for the I3-X.
It compiles but when i try uploading it there comes the message "avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout" after some time. The Rx/Tx LED dont blink either. So i guess the arduino itself got somehow broken...

Whats wrong and why can this happen? Any suggestions ?

Best Regards
Berto

Mark

Re: Can´t upload Firmware

Post by Mark » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:32 pm

"Two days later i started it again and the LCD just displays 2 rows of blocks."
Have you tried to reset the LCD?

Berto

Post by Berto » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:00 pm

Sure. Nothing happens.

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:11 pm

"Two days later i started it again and the LCD just displays 2 rows of blocks."
It works fine the first day, then I think the firmware is the correct one, maybe you can check the wirings of the LCD, see if it is bad contcact or not.
And how about unplug all the other parts on the board and just plug the USB, could it work?

Berto

Post by Berto » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:33 pm

Hello Mark,
thank you for your answers.
I think it is not just the LCD. I tried reseting it, unplugged all other stuff, checked the cable, connection, board and COM port in the Arduino IDE etc. (I´m not new to Arduino and electronics so i did normal failure search so far) In the repetier software is no connection to the printer too. I think the arduino got stuck in initialization.
As i mentioned in my first post there is no answer from the atmega chip if i try to upload a firmware. I uploaded the firmware to another Atmega and it worked fine. Can u tell me how i can check if the GT2560 is in normal operation mode? Or is there some kind of known hardware issue?
If you need me to measure some voltages i can do that later after work :)

best regards
Berto

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:40 pm

[quote="Berto"]Dear Geeetech,

i bought a Prusa i3 Pro X. I assembled it and it worked fine for one day. Two days later i started it again and the LCD just displays 2 rows of blocks.
I then tried to upload new Firmware as recommended in this forum. I used Arduino IDE 1.0.1 and the firmware available in this forum for the I3-X.
It compiles but when i try uploading it there comes the message "avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout" after some time. The Rx/Tx LED dont blink either. So i guess the arduino itself got somehow broken...

Whats wrong and why can this happen? Any suggestions ?

hi,please check if 16MHZ crystal is cold solder joint or damage.

4lynne

Post by 4lynne » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:15 pm

I had that when I uploaded the NEWIST version of the Marlin firmware . . I thought it was upgrade . . But back to way to get the Printer running you have to add the software ( firmware ) from a page here on GeeTech , , Verify it before uploading it and the screen will come back . .

I have a simular problem from uploading wrong firmware as I now have a screen which says My I3 Pro C is now a I3 Pro B and can't get back to a Pro C version as Ardunio IDE will not verify the Marlin I3 Pro C firmware so I can up load it . . Keeps coming up with TEMP errors . .And I do not know why I have 5 folders of different versions of Marlin I3 Pro C none of them will verify and let me up load the files to the GeeTech I3 Pro C Dual Extractor 3D Printer all of them come up with the same error . . Maybe the Arduino IDE is the problem . .

mava70

Post by mava70 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:57 pm

Hello,

I have the same problem, printer work 10 time than display shows blocks

Ho to solve?

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:23 am

mava70 wrote:Hello,

I have the same problem, printer work 10 time than display shows blocks

Ho to solve?
how about unplug the LCD and SD?just test the printer's connection with repetier host,homing and heating after unplugging LCD and SD. in addition,please check if there is still a port for the printer in device manager.

mava70

Post by mava70 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:57 pm

Thanks eric, It's gt2560 problem board is visible via serial but can't upload firmware for the well know avr timeout problem. How to solve?

Thanks