Mini G2S Extruders not extruding

myxlflik

Mini G2S Extruders not extruding

Post by myxlflik » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:37 am

So I think I just about have everything dialed in on my G2S except the extruders don't seem to extrude. I have the 0.35mm nozzles with my kit. I do have trouble feeding the 1.75mm filament into the lower feeder tube that goes down to the extractor. I usually have to move the fan out of the way in order to make the filament feed. Does anyone have any tips on how to get the G2S extruders loaded easily? I can't say for certain if this is related to the failure to extrude.

Once I get the filament loaded, I am able to advance it all the way up to the hotend itself. When I heat the hotend to 200C, it heats up and if I let it sit there, I will see a slow ooze of filament coming out. That tells me the hotends themselves are not jammed. That being said, I can't make the motors force extrude any filament. With my other printer, if I manually extrude, a fine string of filament comes out. The motors either aren't strong enough to force it through the extruder or there is something set incorrectly. There are no directions on the what each screw adjuster does on each extruder. I would definitely like some tips here to see if I can get the extruders going. I am open to any number of suggestions here. I think this is the only thing left for me to do to be able to start printing.

Mark

Re: Mini G2S Extruders not extruding

Post by Mark » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:15 pm

the motor seems lack of power, how about adjust the driver voltage of the extruder motor?

myxlflik

Post by myxlflik » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:03 pm

I checked the voltage last night and they were about .7v. I adjusted them up to 1.0v and it did not make a difference. I was told via a previous email to targe 1.0v with the extruder motors.

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:34 am

When you manually control the extruder motor,did it actually turning?

myxlflik

Post by myxlflik » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:56 am

It tries but nothing happens. I can not force material through manually either by holding the extruder 'clutch' down and pushing on the material. I believe the hotends are bad even though they heat up.

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:55 pm

How about feed the filament by hand without the tube plugged in? or even without the filament, does the motor turning?

myxlflik

Post by myxlflik » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:20 pm

I have tried that too and am unable to force material through either hotend. It just slowly oozes out a little melted material but it never extrudes a filament. I am pretty sure I need replacement hotends.

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:16 pm

Have you checked the temperature ? PLA 210 and ABS 230. And you haven't told us the motor works or not. :cry:

myxlflik

Post by myxlflik » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:45 pm

Yeah. I have tried several temperatures from 190-215 for PLA and none of them worked. They are sending me new thermistors and nozzles finally. I hope this takes care of the issue and gets this printer going.

jamest

Post by jamest » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:05 am

Well here is where I am now.lol got it all working can use gcodes but g29 code crashes print head not able to go father . if I try to print seems it goes through g29 code & crashes print head. Set z min to true.. what else can I do? Just a little bit away from getting this working please help asap. Looked on forum already.. still looking.
But when hot end is working set temp 190 – 225 seems it melted??? No pla extruded not working…. Extruder motor is working in correct direction . is this going to happen to second hot end also? Do I need new hot ends? If so I will need two.