Nozzles crashing into bed when homed

moriartynz

Nozzles crashing into bed when homed

Post by moriartynz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:43 am

Hi people,
I have the G2S Rostock kit, which is now assembled per the instructions. When trying to set up the printer, I have downloaded the firmware and uploaded this to the controller ( http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... d_firmware) . I have set up Repetier and following the set up instructions, I get to the step about pressing the home button in manual control ( http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... he_printer ). When pressed, the X, Y, Z all smoothly move down until the hot end nozzles crash into the bed. Please let me know how to fix this. Thanks.

Sherry

Re: Nozzles crashing into bed when homed

Post by Sherry » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:59 am

moriartynz wrote:Hi people,
I have the G2S Rostock kit, which is now assembled per the instructions. When trying to set up the printer, I have downloaded the firmware and uploaded this to the controller ( http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... d_firmware) . I have set up Repetier and following the set up instructions, I get to the step about pressing the home button in manual control ( http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... he_printer ). When pressed, the X, Y, Z all smoothly move down until the hot end nozzles crash into the bed. Please let me know how to fix this. Thanks.
please check home coordinate you set up in repetier host.and did you connect endstop wires to correct connector?
then please check endstops whether it is loose ,or not in a good contack.
Attachments
QQ图片20150804105622.png
QQ图片20150804105622.png (75.13 KiB) Viewed 12183 times

moriartynz

Post by moriartynz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:35 am

Hello, Thanks for the reply.
The set up is exactly as you have shown. The endstops are correctly set up. They are not being used as the printer is crashing down to the bed, not heading up to the X, Y, Z endstops.

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:55 am

moriartynz wrote:Hello, Thanks for the reply.
The set up is exactly as you have shown. The endstops are correctly set up. They are not being used as the printer is crashing down to the bed, not heading up to the X, Y, Z endstops.
how about reburn the G2S firmware?

moriartynz

Post by moriartynz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:08 pm

Thanks for the advice. I have burned the firmware 3 times already. Same problem.

moriartynz

Post by moriartynz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:10 pm

One more note about the firmware burning process, the sketch would not compile in Arduino IDE unless the Time library was installed and added to the project. If the Time library is added, the sketch compiles and I am able to upload to the board.

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:49 pm

moriartynz wrote:One more note about the firmware burning process, the sketch would not compile in Arduino IDE unless the Time library was installed and added to the project. If the Time library is added, the sketch compiles and I am able to upload to the board.
you can try to modify the firmware.
1.please open configration.h,find the following code and turn true to false;
2.then reburn the modified firmware .when buring the firmware,please use lower version of Arduino (such as Arduino IDE 1.0.1)
download link :http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/Download
3.please be careful,when runing it ,you should be ready to press emergency stop to prevent any damage to printer.

#define INVERT_X_DIR true // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR true // for Mendel set to true, for Orca set to false
#define INVERT_Z_DIR true // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true

moriartynz

Post by moriartynz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:18 pm

Hello,

Yes, changing the constants has changed the direction of travel. Now the carriages move upwards. Thanks for your suggestion.

This has presented a new problem, though, as one of the stepper driver module boards, A4988 (I believe), appears to be faulty. When attempting to move the carriage upwards, the carriage becomes jittery and does not move. I have swapped the A4988 around in the controller board and it does the same thing on the new carriage it is attached to, so it is definitely the driver module at fault as the problem moves with the module.

Is the module adjustable in firmware to increase power or is it simply faulty and in need of replacement? I look forward to hearing from you.

moriartynz

Post by moriartynz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:37 pm

Thank you. This got the carriages moving in the right direction.

Unfortunately, this has revealed a new problem in that the stepper driver on one of the Axes has jitter meaning it does not travel at the same rate as the other drivers. Please let me know if there is a way of increasing its stability/power in firmware. I have confirmed it is the stepper driver as I swapped it with another axis and the jitter now happens on the swapped axis.