X & Y moving only in 1 direction. Z axis no movement at all

kazmut

X & Y moving only in 1 direction. Z axis no movement at all

Post by kazmut » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:07 am

So, I've just gotten the new gt2650. I bought a new one after the the one that came with the kit kept on popping its fuse. It looks stable now. BUT, I do have a new problem, The X&Y axes only moves towards home. I can disable steppers and move them a bit, hit auto home an when i try to move it again, it won't move, I changed the stepper drivers to new ones, as well as change motor ( z to X&Y, X&Y to Z ) and nothing changed. Z, has power because I can feel its resistance, it just refuses to move. I have also reflashed the firmware but nothing changed, I have the i3 C Acrylic. I use the GT_I3_pro_C firmware that was sent to me a couple of weeks ago. This is my 2nd week with no printer to use and have to borrow a makerbot from friend because I have projects due in a couple of weeks.

I tested the controls from the LCD and from repetier. Both have the same results. I received the kit June 29, 2015. It is exactly one month since I bought the kit and so far I have replaced the following: GT2560, Heatbed, 3 pcs A4988. You offered me no warranty and I had to pay extra for DHL to bring what I needed and still, I can't use my printer. Please tell me what I should check and what I should do.

Sherry

Re: X & Y moving only in 1 direction. Z axis no movement at

Post by Sherry » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:41 pm

hi,did lcd show any error?

kazmut

Post by kazmut » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:47 pm

lcd hangs after trying to move Z, it then reboots after rebooting, it doesnt respond. sometimes when ib try to move X it happens. LCD no error. all temps working,

kazmut

Post by kazmut » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:25 pm

LCD doesn't show error. It resets itself after I auto-home then try and move the Z axis.

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:08 pm

kazmut wrote:LCD doesn't show error. It resets itself after I auto-home then try and move the Z axis.
hello,regarding to z axis movement,please check the sub step below a49988.all they should be turn on(or plug in jumpper caps).
and could you tell me where did you get the firmware.
and i have send the firmware to your mailbox.
if it could not help,please contact geeetech customer service.

kazmut

Post by kazmut » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:22 pm

all plugs are capped. been in contact with customer service

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:19 am

kazmut wrote:So, I've just gotten the new gt2650. I bought a new one after the the one that came with the kit kept on popping its fuse. It looks stable now. BUT, I do have a new problem, The X&Y axes only moves towards home. I can disable steppers and move them a bit, hit auto home an when i try to move it again, it won't move, I changed the stepper drivers to new ones, as well as change motor ( z to X&Y, X&Y to Z ) and nothing changed. Z, has power because I can feel its resistance, it just refuses to move. I have also reflashed the firmware but nothing changed, I have the i3 C Acrylic. I use the GT_I3_pro_C firmware that was sent to me a couple of weeks ago. This is my 2nd week with no printer to use and have to borrow a makerbot from friend because I have projects due in a couple of weeks.

I tested the controls from the LCD and from repetier. Both have the same results. I received the kit June 29, 2015. It is exactly one month since I bought the kit and so far I have replaced the following: GT2560, Heatbed, 3 pcs A4988. You offered me no warranty and I had to pay extra for DHL to bring what I needed and still, I can't use my printer. Please tell me what I should check and what I should do.
Hi, kazmut
How is the wiring? Is it correct? Is endstop connected correctly? Could you please take a picture of mainboard with wiring?
Are z motors moving when they are not connected to couplings?