Printrboard Rev D

vbsargent

Printrboard Rev D

Post by vbsargent » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:17 am

I was unable to hook up my "Geeetech Printrboard Rev D" board until recently, and when I did it did not work. I successfully flashed the board, and it even responds to the home button in Repetier Host, but it will not move the drivers or even recognize the thermistor (My other Geeetech Rev D board works with no problem). I can only assume that this is one of those faulty boards that happen every so often. I actually don t want a refund, but a replacement board as I am comfortable with the Geeetech product.

Sherry

Re: Printrboard Rev D

Post by Sherry » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:22 am

hi,did all the driver not move or just the extruder driver not move.please give more detail.thx

vbsargent

Post by vbsargent » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:58 pm

Using Repetier Host's manual commands nothing moved, couldn't heat the hot end, thermistor registered no temperature. Using the "home" commands in Repetier Host, X,Y, and Z motors all moved. All functions hardware works using my other Geeetech Printrboard (same exact board, flashed with same exact firmware). Re-flashed both boards- both boards the same model from Geeetech- my new one doesn't work except using the home commands.

vbsargent

Post by vbsargent » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:27 pm

When hooked up none of the motors moved using the Repetier Host manual commands. Also the thermistor would not register, nor the heater. using the "home" button would make the motors move. When I hooked up my other Geeetech Printrboard Rev D, everything worked. Reflashed both using the same exact firmware and got the same results. My old board works, the new one doesn't. I suspect this is just a defective board.

Thanks,

vbsargent

vbsargent

Post by vbsargent » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:48 am

I'm wondering if there is any movement on this issue? I posted a reply several days ago, but it has yet to show on the board. I am looking for a resolution on this problem- ideally a replacement board as I would prefer that over a refund.

Thanks,
vbsargent

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:48 am

vbsargent wrote:I'm wondering if there is any movement on this issue? I posted a reply several days ago, but it has yet to show on the board. I am looking for a resolution on this problem- ideally a replacement board as I would prefer that over a refund.

Thanks,
vbsargent
sorry for delay in responding.according to you description,maybe the printer could not recognize the temperature.so the stepper could not move.anyway,we must do the trouble shooting.
1.Check the heating wires and thermistor wires .maybe the cable is bad or loose.
2.Check the thermistors.there are 2 cases
the thermistors come out from nozzle anf hotend ;
the thermistor is bad.please measure the thermistor resistance with multimeter ,and refer to the strand value table.
3.Repluge the LCD wire.could you take a picture of what LCD display.i will help you check.
thx.

vbsargent

Post by vbsargent » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:17 pm

As I stated on the 7th and the 8th- all of the external hardware works. I hooked it up to a different Geeetech Printrboard Rev D and everything works. Thermistor provides output temp, heater cartridge heats up the hot end to required temps, all motors function in both manual and print mode. The only difference is in the printrboard. Both are Geeetech Printrboard Rev D. My older one works, the new one doesn't. I flashed both of them with the exact same firmware only minutes apart with the same usb wire. Again the old board works fine, the new one doesn't. There are no LCDs attached to my printers.

Thanks,
vbsargent

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:11 pm

hi,vbsargent.maybe the some parts of rev D is short circuit.look at the picture,you could check these place marked by white frame with multimeter.by the way,please tell me the temperature of LCD shows.if i could not deal with the issue,i will help you contact the saleman as soon as possible.thx
Attachments
QQ图片20150717170905.png
QQ图片20150717170905.png (726.21 KiB) Viewed 13420 times

vbsargent

Post by vbsargent » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:04 pm

I will try checking with a mulitmeter this evening. As I stated I do not have LCDs with my printers, but Repetier Host registers no temperature readings with the new board. Looking at the diagram provided, I'm not even sure where to put the positive and negative probes of the multimeter to test the processor (small square on the left near C15) or the large center square containing R8 and C9.

Thanks,

vbsargent