Controller Board and LCD issues

MEJiangster

Controller Board and LCD issues

Post by MEJiangster » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:13 am

Hi, I bought this 3D printer and I'm having issues
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Geeetech-Acryli ... TQ:US:1123

I posted about this in another topic, but when I didn't get a reply in 4-5 days, I thought I'd start a new topic since they're not related any more.
I've been troubleshooting this printer for over a month now, and I really hope I'm almost done.
Here's my other post:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 23&t=16550

1. The LCD screen can't see the STL files I put on the SD card. In fact it can't see anything aside from folders. I double checked and the cords are in the right ports.
2. The autohome doesn't bring the extruder back to the end stops. It brings the extruder back to wherever it was when I turned the printer on.
3. The LCD has a feature that's supposed to let me manually use the motors to move the extruder around. It doesn't do anything when I try to use this feature. Also the autohome on the LCD does nothing. None of the motors move or react. Preheating works off the LCD.
4. The heating bed never gets past 68C and it takes about half an hour to heat up to that. I checked the connections on the board and they're fine.
Also when I try to print, it just prints a blob of plastic around the extruder. I assume this is because the printing bed doesn't get hot enough for the ABS to stick to the surface?

Sherry

Re: Controller Board and LCD issues

Post by Sherry » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:32 am

Dear MEJiangster
Maybe you are not familiar with the geeetech printer and you have so much problem.Before printing, please read the product manual.
Regarding to the STL files, please open g-code files with repetier host,after slicer,you should save the g-code filesbeing edited,and put the edited files on the SD card.
Regarding to the hotbed tempeature,please set the hotbed tempeature to 60 degree,the filament could stick to the hot bed with 60 degree .
Regard to the auto-home,please assemble and debug the printer according to the product manual.

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply.

I can't find the product manual any where. Could you please link it to me. Thanks.

Also, is the heating bed not going to ever reach beyond 68C? We should just ignore this issue and leave that be?

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:28 pm

Please set the hotbed temperature to 60°,you can modify the temperature of hotbed manually with LCD panel.
link:http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... nstruction

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:34 pm

That's the problem, I can't modify the temperature. I set it to 120C and it'll only go up to 68C. I can set temperatures lower than 68C and it's fine. But I want to be able to go higher. How do I fix this.

Also the manual won't help me. I properly and completely assembled the printer a month ago and have been troubleshooting since. I did exactly as the manual instructed. Everything is correct.

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:18 pm

hi,please upload photos of the print board you have mounted.let me check the wire connection.photos should be clear as far as possible.thx.

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:31 am

Hi, I replied with the link several days ago but the moderators didn't let the message through for whatever reason, so here it is again.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l6hdlj7xfdcw ... lYlqa?dl=0

Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Sorry,i do not respond you quickly.Could LCD read the stl files now.For further troubleshooting,please contact me via email(sherry.li@geeetech.cn).In addition,could you send me the photos of what LCD shows when you pringting.