Z-Axis homes above the extruder

Fabio

Z-Axis homes above the extruder

Post by Fabio » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:48 am

Hello,

I have a MeCreator printer that I purchased already assembled. Every time I home the printer the hot bed is positioned in a way that the extruder tip is below the table. When I start a print job the extruder hits the table. Every time I start the printer I have to home the printer, disable the motors and manually move the Z axis to the correct position bellow the extruder.

I tried changing some printer parameters but to no avail. Also, the screw that presses the Z axis stopper at the maximum position, so I cannot use it to make the Z-axis home lower. How do I configure the software to fix the issue?

Thanks,

Fabio

Sherry

Re: Z-Axis homes above the extruder

Post by Sherry » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:24 pm

hi.the reason is that the screw impact the z-endstop is not long enough.please tighten down the screw to make it impact the z-endstop ealier.
Attachments
QQ图片20150707162257.jpg
QQ图片20150707162257.jpg (126.22 KiB) Viewed 6622 times

Fabio

Post by Fabio » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:24 am

The problem is the screw at my printer is not as long as the one on the photo and the screw is tighten all the way. I'll use a drinking straw to supplement the size of the screw.

What is the optimum distance between the extruder tip and the table when printing starts?

Fábio

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:16 pm

Fabio wrote:The problem is the screw at my printer is not as long as the one on the photo and the screw is tighten all the way. I'll use a drinking straw to supplement the size of the screw.

What is the optimum distance between the extruder tip and the table when printing starts?

Fábio
sorry,the picture display I3 pro c,not mecreator.the screw of mecreator is shorter than I3 pro c.you could get the optium distance by adjusting the printer on you own.Tighten or loosen the endstop screw ,and make the screw hit the endstop ealier.