Auto-leveling problem

Aeonster

Auto-leveling problem

Post by Aeonster » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi, I'll post a video:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D ... ideo%2cmp4

I don't understand why this is happening, at the end of the video the head just slides and hits hard on the corner. I have to abort fast to not inflict more damage.

At first i thought it was because the end-stop trigger-pin might not slide up or down correct. Even if it felt/looked good to me, so I tried doing this:
- Tried to tight the spring, same problem.
- Tried to loose the spring, same problem.
- Tried to put 2 springs, same problem.
- Tried the put the blue pin-thingy at the bottom with 2 springs (to make more contact), this is what you see in the video above. aka same problem.

The pin moves without a problem up and down, so it doesn't get stuck or anything like that.
But as you can see in the video, the first part it just goes Up -> Moves -> Down -> Up -> .... and so on. In the last part it seems that it "Slides" down.
What am I doing wrong?

:(

Sherry

Re: Auto-leveling problem

Post by Sherry » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:43 am

hi,the reason is that the detection range you set is more than print range.Please refer to the following parameters.

382 #define DELTA_PROBABLE_RADIUS (DELTA_PRINTABLE_RADIUS*0.6)
383 #define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION -DELTA_PROBABLE_RADIUS
384 #define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION DELTA_PROBABLE_RADIUS
385 #define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION DELTA_PROBABLE_RADIUS
386 #define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION -DELTA_PROBABLE_RADIUS

389 #define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 20.35
390 #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -11.75
391 #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -0.3

SOLUTION
1.Try to decrease the parameter "0.6".
2.Please do not modify the value of "X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 20.35" & "Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -11.75 "

Aeonster

Post by Aeonster » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:35 am

How?
I don't have the firmware for my printer.
It's a Rostock mini G2s with a GT2560 board.

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Firmware have been sent to your mailbox,please pay attention to check the email.

Aeonster

Post by Aeonster » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:12 pm

Hi, thanks I got the firmware, I did as you said.

I lower the number, 0.6 to 0.5, 0.4, 0.3 and so on. All it does is making the "probing" area smaller but at the end of probing it still SLIDES down very hard on the bed-surface just like the video from earlier.
So changing 0.6 to something lower did not work.

What I need for it to do is, after probing it must move up and not down so i can retracts the probe pin.
I've tried so many times now i just hope i haven't damaged the nozzle :(

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:47 am

Did you do the auto-leveling according to the brochure before printing.If not,try to do auto-leveling at first.Auto-leveling steps please refer to the following links.
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... k_mini_G2s.

Aeonster

Post by Aeonster » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:53 pm

I think I'll post my solution to this problem, so others can see.

I solved the issue of the hot-end hitting the print bed after homing.
In the firmware you have change the total print height, mine was set to 214, but in reality was 180-ish.

The problem arise because once auto-leveling is complete the hot-end will park the head so you can retract the pin. Well the park position is not based on the auto-leveling data, but the firmware data.
So if your firmware says your total height is 214 while it's 180, when auto-leveling is done it will park the head at Z15 (or something) which means it will try and park it a height 199, which is 19 mm below your print surface. Hence hard hitting on the print surface after auto-leveling.

You need to change the total height to current but add like 1-2 extra mm because to low print height will disrupt the how low the auto-leveling can be.