LCD high Pitched Sount

MEJiangster

LCD high Pitched Sount

Post by MEJiangster » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:43 am

Hi, I just finished assembling the Prusa i3 dual extruder 3D printer (Here's the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Geeetech-Acryli ... TQ:US:1123 )
The LCD screen makes a continuous, high pitched sound. How can I fix this?
Thanks!

zhangxueyou

Re: LCD high Pitched Sount

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:59 am

You connected the 2 cables in wrong order, please swap the connection of 2 cables.

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:16 am

That didn't do anything. And now the LCD screen is blank. I think I did connect it correctly the first time

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:29 am

How about re-uploading the firmware? The firmware has been sent to your email.

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:53 am

I got the email. I've installed the necessary drivers. Do I need to install Repetier-Host first before updating the firmware? And how do I update the firmware? Do I just download the emailed file and run it while the printer is plugged into my computer via USB port?

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:37 pm

I just downloaded the firmware and can't get it to do anything on my computer. It's a .rar and I don't know if I have anything on my computer to run that kind of file. Sorry if I seem so clueless. Thanks for the help so far.

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:52 pm

Sorry for our carelessness, you can refer to this page to upload the firmware:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=16433

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:45 am

Hi, sorry for the delay in my reply, I was busy with work. I just finished re-uploading the firmware as per your instructions. It still makes the high pitched sound. Any other suggestions?

In addition, I installed all the proper software as per these instructions:
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... _Mendel_I3
I've tried to use the Repetier software to manually move the motors. However, the motors don't really move. The two motors that make the extruder go up and down don't move at all. The left/right and forward/backward motors sometimes work and sometimes don't.

The manual motor control on the LCD screen does nothing. The motors don't move when I try to use the LCD screen to move it.

Thank you for your time.

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:48 am

There's one other thing I'd like to mention, though I don't know if it's important.

When I plug the USB cord into my desktop, but don't flip on the printer's on switch, the printer still turns on. The LCD screen is blank but lit when this happens. The board's green LED is also lit. This also happens when I pull the printer's power cord but keep the USB plugged in.

MEJiangster

Post by MEJiangster » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:52 am

To add to the motors not moving, when they don't move via manual control from the software, the LCD screen says "end stop hit: X" and "endstop hit: Z". This doesn't happen for Y unless the heating plate actually hits the Y end stop. The other two end stops are unobstructed and not hit. As far as I know, I wired everything correctly according to your instructions.
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... side_panel