Patching A20T firmware for 3dTouch

lmcmulle

Patching A20T firmware for 3dTouch

Post by lmcmulle » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:58 am

HI,

The only firmware available for the A20T is a .hex file. and there are basically no instructions on how to load this.

Searching the web most of the instructions are for dealing with source files in Arduino...

I have tried for HOURs to get this to work, I've tried Xloader, and Freemantics builder, and CURA firmware updater. (the latest version of Cura 4.4 doesn't see local printers over USB). I've even tried command line Avrdude. Now maybe it's because my computer and printer are talking properly? or something I'm not sure, but it sees the COM34 chip as COM3 and everything.

So please help me out here? how to patch the A20T for the 3dTouch firmware (or maybe someone could upload the source?
My printer is connected to windows 10

**** Update I seem to be getting timeout errors when trying to flash the printer. Dumb quesiton do I need to like set the printer into "update" mode or something first?**

ericarenee

Re: Patching A20T firmware for 3dTouch

Post by ericarenee » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:10 am

Same issue..

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:18 am

Hi, Regarding hex format firmware,
You can refresh it using the tool: https://www.geeetech.com/download.html?download_id=40

You can refer to this:
LZ7L@XZ5BYP%MVH8KQSE@{B.png
LZ7L@XZ5BYP%MVH8KQSE@{B.png (86.06 KiB) Viewed 15723 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

lmcmulle

Post by lmcmulle » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:10 pm

So something else is wrong here. Do I need to do anything to the printer (other than turn it on) to put into a mode that's ready for patching or something. Because AVRDude just times out. No matter what software i'm using. I've tried this on a Mac, PC, and Raspberry Pi with your drivers, and your patching software as well as with Arduino Builder, XPatcher, Cura, and Even Octoprint.Firmware patcher over an Octopi.

AVRDUDE continuously just times out

ericarenee

Post by ericarenee » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:32 am

I am getting the exact same thing...

even tried 3 different computers and USB CABLES (KNOW WORKING CABLE FROM MY Vinyl cutter machine) CNC TYPE MACHINE same as 3d printer

What i did notice. In device manage baud rate is 9600 , on the printer it say 250000.. There seems to be no way to change it to that high of a number in the Computer Device manager to match... My thinking is this could be the issue..

I also used usbdview and removed all usb devices . Rebooted and let the computer find the correct printer driver as it did correctly. I am now almost positive this is a issue with the Printer itself not a connection issue. The printer is refusing the software

I have also asked tech support in a email . the guy who originally sent me a fix for the LOW TEMP BUG...

andrevanderweide

Post by andrevanderweide » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:26 pm

put the compoort on 115200
poortinstellning.PNG
poortinstellning.PNG (37.48 KiB) Viewed 15691 times
start toolkit load the hex file
start programming
push reset a20t
and there it start programming

Grt André
Creality Ender 3v2
Creality S10 Pro Marlin 2.0

ericarenee

Post by ericarenee » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:35 am

This still does not work. Have you or anyone actually flashed firmware on the a20t not a10t a10m a20m or a30.. this actual printer..

It Gives a time out error same as its been doing.. I am thinking this printer needs to be returned. In its current state it can only print 1 color prints.

Thank you for taking the time to help...

Erica ...

At this point i am not a geeetech fan .

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:48 am

ericarenee wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:35 am
This still does not work. Have you or anyone actually flashed firmware on the a20t not a10t a10m a20m or a30.. this actual printer..

It Gives a time out error same as its been doing.. I am thinking this printer needs to be returned. In its current state it can only print 1 color prints.

Thank you for taking the time to help...

Erica ...

At this point i am not a geeetech fan .
Hi, If you have tried plugging and unplugging the USB, restarting the computer, and reopening the firmware tool, (cannot open the slicing software while flashing the firmware will occupy the port)
Then flash the firmware, if it is still wrong,
You can contact your sales representative to replace the motherboard.

lmcmulle

Post by lmcmulle » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:41 pm

I’m in exactly the same situation, so far I’ve tried patching it with a Mac, a PC and a Raspberry (all of which will print with the printer) — I’ve tried ArduinoBuilder, XPatcher, Cura, Easyprint, and the Geeetech patching too.

I got mine from amazon, whom do I contact to get a replacement board? I’m a pretty technical dude, I can install a board if that’s the problem. I have read that some of these arduino boards have problems when you try to reflash them.

Thanks. @Erica lets keep in touch if either of us find a working solution.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:14 pm

Hi, If you try to update using the firmware kit,
Make sure your firmware save path does not contain special characters or spaces.