A10M 2 filament not mixing well!!!

miguelpikons1

A10M 2 filament not mixing well!!!

Post by miguelpikons1 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. I tried to dig a bit but i couldn't find an answer yet.
I've very recently entered in the world of 3D printing and bought the Geeetech A10M as the dual extruder kind of pumped me up (to the point that i almost regret not to have bought the A20T).

Regardless.. I quite like the printer but i'm facing an issue and i'm not sure if i have a real problem or my inexperience is playing the main role:

I'm trying to print with a color mix (in my case specifically i have red in one extruder and blue in the second attempting to have a grade of purple).
However the mixing is uneven... very uneven. The resulting model is a vertical split between the two colors.
The left side ends up being almost purple while the right side is light blue with no real expected mixture outcome

Is there anything i can do to fix this and have a full mix of the colors?

William
Site Admin

Re: A10M 2 filament not mixing well!!!

Post by William » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:41 pm

:D Hi,You can try downloading the color mixing software on the official website to set the color mixing.

Download link: https://www.geeetech.com/download.html?download_id=40

You can refer to: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=61760
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Jarda3d

Re: A10M 2 filament not mixing well!!!

Post by Jarda3d » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:26 am

It is possible to fix it with new hotend nozzle.

Get beneral MK10 nozzle from e-bay. look at the 4mm cave here... If cave will be filled with some thing like turbine for mixing "toothpaste", you will get nice mixed colour in output.

I did not try plain cave, because all what I was get is steel one and not brass as ordered.
A10M Slic3r profile: here and fresh on github (lot of tips here)
A10 Slic3r profile: here
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.