Stupid Question from an absolute beginner in 3d Printing

Neil 13

Stupid Question from an absolute beginner in 3d Printing

Post by Neil 13 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi
Firstly apologies for what I think is probably a stupid question.
I have just got a A10M and set it up without problem and printed the test piece with no problems, it actually looks quite good.
I then swapped to ABS material for a specific job I had to do. I set the bed to 100 and the nozzle to 235 both of which were the recommended settings for ABS.
First the item failed to attach to the bed, then got 20% through before stringing/spaghetti appeared. I changed the bed temperature higher, then lower but could not get ABS to print correctly.

Swapped back to PLA and find the ABS has totally blocked the nozzle and heater parts.

I have ordered a new part as I am unable to even remove the nozzle.

Now for the stupid questions....
1) Do I have to have both 0 and 1 extruder feeds in even if I am only printing in one color.?
2) Anyone got any advice on printing in ABS?

I am using Cura 4.4 and find it works really well. Is there a particular model that I could base the settings on or should I just create the new one from the manual?

Thanks in advance from a very inexperienced individual.

William
Site Admin

Re: Stupid Question from an absolute beginner in 3d Printing

Post by William » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:47 am

Hi, If you only use single-color printing, it is also recommended to install consumables on both extruders to prevent material jams;

You need to fully insert the consumables and Teflon tube to avoid the gap causing the nozzle to be blocked;

Before you print, you need to pay attention to leveling the hotbed.
The distance between the nozzle and the hotbed is the distance of a piece of leveling paper.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!